Casio wk6600 or yamaha psr i425 or anything else?

Reaction score
planning to purchase a keyboard within 2-3 weeks, need help . casio wk6600 or yamaha psr i425 ? i have used i425 yamaha but i m confused between casio wk6600 , as it has 76 keys + more stuff compared to yamaha . please suggest something comewhere near 20k (indian currency) , so far top choice is wk6600 casio.. please reply
thank you

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have a YPT-400, which is roughly identical to the PSR-I425. The WK-6600 definitely has more features than the PSR-I425, but I haven't ever played one before and don't know how good it sounds.

If I were trying to choose between those two keyboards for myself, my primary interest would be in the tone-editing capabilities, and it looks like the WK-6600 offers more in that respect-- e.g., it has DSP effects and organ drawbar settings, which the PSR-I425 does not.

But none of us can tell you which keyboard you'll be happiest with-- you should try to play them in a store if you can, to see what you think of them. If you can't get your hands on them to try them in person, go to YouTube and watch videos of them being played to get an idea of how they sound.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own a WK6600 and I'm happy enough with it. It sounds quite decent plugged thru an external amp and speakers though without the external amp it loses a lot of bass sound and the internal speakers, while good enough for practice, just don't sound as good.

That's true for most keyboards with built in speakers though.

While it normally lists for about $349 CDN here in Canada I bought mine on sale last year at the big Christmas sales for only $169 CDN.

My advice is look around for one on sale or wait for a big retail season like Devali and you might pick one up for half price :)

wk_6600.jpg

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vaibhav

Since you mention the Yamaha i425, I assume you are interested in a unit that offers a variety of Indian tones and rhythms. While the WK-6600 has a "localized" tone-palatte, it is mostly Middle-Eastern and Oriental rather than Indian. Closer matches to the i425 would be the CTK-6300IN, the CTK-7300IN, and the CTK-860IN. These are all 61 key units, like the i425. The only 76 key "localized" unit that Casio offers is the AT-5, but its "localized" palette is Oriental, not Indian. Of the three CTK units, the CTK-7300IN will record and playback audio files as well as MIDI, while the other two units deal with only MIDI, but that feature adds considerably to the cost. For further information on the Casio units, see the following website:

http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/localized/

Click on any of the images for complete descriptions. You will need to check with your local suppliers for current prices, but this will give you three specific model numbers to ask about. These folks currently offer all three of the above units:

http://www.furtadosonline.com/searc...&searchText1=ctk-860in&getCategory=&getBrand=

The CTK-7300 has the most features, and comes the closest to your stated investment range, but as the other replies have suggested, check around for local price "deals", and if at all possible, try to play the models you are interested in at local shops. There is considerable difference in sound and playing "feel" from one unit to the next, particularly from one manufacturing brand to another. Nothing is ever going to be exactly right in all areas, but there will always be that "one" that is better than all the rest for you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, not focusing on indian tones or something, looking for more rythems and more keys faced few issues with 61 keys keyboard . Thank you once again :D

Reaction score
planning to purchase a keyboard within 2-3 weeks, need help . casio wk6600 or yamaha psr i425 ? i have used i425 yamaha but i m confused between casio wk6600 , as it has 76 keys + more stuff compared to yamaha . please suggest something comewhere near 20k (indian currency) , so far top choice is wk6600 casio.. please reply
thank you
I bought a Casio wk6600 and the sound is awsume!! Those stereo speakers at each end sound really good. I play the piano, and this has a good feel to it. I've not gotten 1/2 way thru all the options. Trying to figure out how to record my chosen Tone/beat/tempo. Anyone know how to do that? earl1335

Ask a Question