Casio

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a casio wk-3500 I'm just learning the right hand and chords and wondered if there was any discs you can buy to put in the keyboard so you can play along to the music with the right hand till you can master them all? Ie like a backing track. I'm playing with the right hand but want something to sound a little more professional etc

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a casio wk-3500 I'm just learning the right hand and chords and wondered if there was any discs you can buy to put in the keyboard so you can play along to the music with the right hand till you can master them all? Ie like a backing track. I'm playing with the right hand but want something to sound a little more professional etc

Can't you load SMF-files (Standard Midi Files) in this model keyboard:confused:
(I am not familiar with it) If yes you don't have to buy anything but can download thousands of songs for free from many places on Internet. So much easier, because you can adjust the tempo to your liking (slower the speed) and study till you master the song. You also can 'mute' tracks and use the midi-song as a sort of 'karaoke' file, meaning, let the 'band' play the rest and you do the melody. Indeed like a backing track.
Many one-man-band pros perform that way.

DickR

Reaction score
Hi I haven't a clue to be honest I'm not very technical and totally lost off with it all to be honest? That's why I wondered if there was any ready made things to buy or if there is an easy way of doing what you mentioned many thanks

Reaction score
Just go to google and search for "free midi files", there are tons of it. Even if you buy a disk, you will still have to load them in your keyboard.
Download SMF Converter , this is for converting midi's to a format acceptable by casio keyboards.
Copy your SMF files (midi files) to a diskette and click on Card button 2 times then Load --> SMF. Press on SMF Player.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Just go to google and search for "free midi files", there are tons of it. Even if you buy a disk, you will still have to load them in your keyboard.
Download SMF Converter , this is for converting midi's to a format acceptable by casio keyboards.
Copy your SMF files (midi files) to a diskette and click on Card button 2 times then Load --> SMF. Press on SMF Player.

I thought the WK3500 could play straight (format 0) SMF without the need to convert?

The Y-man

Reaction score
Indeed they can play format 0, but if you find them in format 1, you will have to convert them.

Ask a Question