Cheap, secondhand, light, workhorse stage piano, great feel, sound not necessary

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Could anyone recommend a cheap, lightweight, solid, work horse stage piano with great piano feel and 88 keys?

I don't care about the onboard sounds because I'm going to be controlling MainStage - so therefore it needs a midi out.

At the moment I have a big old heavy Yamaha CLP-50. I love the feel but it's too heavy to cart around...
I also have a M-Audio Prokeys sono 88. It's very portable but I hate the feel.

I don't mind whether it's new, or whether it's 10 years old... As long as it feels great and I can carry it around.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum James. How cheap and how lightweight?

Have you had a play on a Casio PX-3 yet?

Aww I thought Casios were for kids?! I think I may feel embarassed playing one of those but I shall have a look at the reviews.

I'm looking for something less than £500. Something light enough to pick up easily by myself, put in a case, and trawl around on the tube with one arm. My other hand will be carrying the keyboard stand.

Cheers for the info!

Ask a Question