CHORDS - how to play?

Reaction score
I know one of the features of keyboard is the ability to play one finger chords. I just can't figure out how to do that:confused:. Any ideas? I am a beginner with a Yamaha PSR-275. I'd really appreciate any help.

Reaction score
Fuzicat,

One Finger Accord are accords you play as it says with only one finger.
When the auto acomp is on and if you press a C (that is the white key before 2 black ones) on the left side of the keyboard, thus left of the splitpoint you will hear the full C-accord what normally is played with 3 or 4 fingers. That is C-E-G or C-E-G and the C one octave higher.
The same for ALL the other keys left of the splitpoint (that is by default the F# or Fis the first of 3 black keys left of the middle or central C in the middle of the keyoard).

Hope you understand it now. At first it looks maybe complicated but you will learn to use it very soon.
Good luck with your new keyboard.
DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
...and the one finger only applies to major chords.

You need 2 fingers to do minors. On Yamaha's it's the next black key to the left (opposite to Casio's).

See page 40 of your manual.

The Y-man

Ask a Question