get the chords to keep playing when i let go of the chord

Reaction score
PSR E313 and PSR 4600.
when I play a chord on the left side and let go to play the next chord it would be nice if the chord kept playing before I got to the next.
is that doable?
I had a keyboard before that did this and sounded much smoother!
thanks all

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
There should be two keys "sync start" and "sync stop". Press "sync start" and the chord will continue even when you lift your fingers. At least that is what my PSRs650 does and as well my old PSR250

Reaction score
sostenudo pedal I had to look that one up!
maybe I am doing sumthin dumb!
I put the chord sound - say violins on the left where I play 3 or 4 finger chords, and on the right say piano.
then choose a rhythm with synchro start. so the beat starts when I play the chord.
on another keyboard many moons ago, the chord would keep playing until I played the next chord.
the sostenudo pedal just might play it long enough
thanks

Reaction score
Anon125 -Do you play a Triton LE61 by any chance? Just reading your text saying how you play violins on the left and keyboard on the right -I have just posted a querie about how to programme a split keyboard. I just cannot figure it out

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
When I bought my KB the chords were dropping out just like yours annon125. I thought I had a fault with it. My KB was second hand. It took me a few days to work out the poroblem. The previous owner had programmed it that way. I also had weird arrangements programmed in the memory registration. All of this frustrated me for a few days. In the end I did a factory preset and that fixed everything. Try that.

Reaction score
When I bought my KB the chords were dropping out just like yours annon125. I thought I had a fault with it. My KB was second hand. It took me a few days to work out the poroblem. The previous owner had programmed it that way. I also had weird arrangements programmed in the memory registration. All of this frustrated me for a few days. In the end I did a factory preset and that fixed everything. Try that.
thanks but I have owned it since new. now I have to learn how to do a factory reset!

Reaction score
Thanks CowboyNQ, but my head just can't figure it lol! I have the manual and I read this -and I cannot figure out what it is saying. Must be my lack of Math brain... I got a small distance with it, but I wish they had added a picture of an example step-by-step how to do it, like they do with some other stuff in the manual! I have searched Youtube etc in the hope of finding a visual tutorial, but to no avail...

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
With my yamy i hold down the very last white key right side at the same time press the "on" button. Release both fingers after 1 second or less. Bingo . . factory reset.

Reaction score
@CowboyNQ Thanks -I'll take a look and hopefully....! oh sorry - I think you were replying to someone else!
Trace, the above comment was aimed at anon125, his issue is how to do a factory reset. That's on page 53 of the PDF, which is page 47 of the manual.

The answer to your query (how to do a keyboard split) starts on Page 63 of the PDF, which is Page 57 of the manual. Once you've read that, then go to Page 65 of the PDF, which is Page 59 of the manual. You'll find all the information you need to do a keyboard split, including a step-by-step example, on the right hand side of the page.

Reaction score
The "sustained chord" feature you describe is a function of the auto-accompaniment mode of "arranger" (one man band) keyboards and only works when auto-accompaniment is turned on. It only applies to the tones of the currently selected rhythm. It does not apply to a single tone that is assigned to the lower portion of a split keyboard. That lower single tone operates the same as the "upper" tone(s) - when you press the keys, it plays, when you release the keys, it stops. Now, when auto-accompaniment is turned on, but the rhythm is not running (that is: you do not press the Sync Start button or the Start button), the keyboard will produce a steady "drone" chord when you play a chord in the lower portion, but you have no control over the choice of tones in this chord, as those are assigned by the currently selected rhythm. It is possible to use this "drone" chord as a sort-of manual, if not somewhat boring, left hand accompaniment. The auto-accompaniment feature and the ability to assign a single tone to the lower section of the keyboard are typically viewed as two entirely separate performance features and not normally used together, as this can result in a very muddy output from the lower portion of the keyboard. That is to say, you would normally only play a rhythm OR a single tone from the lower portion of the keyboard, but not both together. A rhythm cord will be sustained, while a single tone will not. After all, if you have a piano tone assigned to the upper portion of the keyboard and an acoustic bass assigned to the lower portion, you would not want that bass tone to be automatically sustained. When a lower tone IS used with a rhythm pattern, it is normally done with the keyboard fingering in "Full Keyboard" or "AI" mode so that the auto-accompaniment interprets the correct rhythm chord from the individual notes being played across the entire keyboard, rather than you having to make a complete "chord" in the lower portion, thereby avoiding the aforementioned "muddiness". Most high-end boards allow assigning a sustain pedal to either the upper or lower or both sections of a split keyboard, but the lower priced models usually only allow pedal assignments to the upper portion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trace, the above comment was aimed at anon125, his issue is how to do a factory reset. That's on page 53 of the PDF, which is page 47 of the manual.

The answer to your query (how to do a keyboard split) starts on Page 63 of the PDF, which is Page 57 of the manual. Once you've read that, then go to Page 65 of the PDF, which is Page 59 of the manual. You'll find all the information you need to do a keyboard split, including a step-by-step example, on the right hand side of the page.
OK thanks a lot! I appreciate your time to help me out. I'll give it another thorough read and hopefully my head will get it!!
God bless
T

Ask a Question