Compact Ideas for Laptop & Rack?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking for a compact solution for my keyboard rig. Later this month I want to add a Radial KL-8 Rackmount Keyboard Mixer and laptop to my rig but I am trying to find a compact and minimalist way to house them. I have thought of a small bedside cabinet with a shelf?... or some sort of table?

I guess there is a pro way to achieve this. I don't want anything crazy expensive but I also want it to look cool for my slowly building music studio (ahem... stroke office). Any ideas would be gratefully received! Thank you so much...

Chris

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dunno how handy you are with woodworking, but a DIY solution might be your best bet.

Or you could possibly repurpose a small, metal frame end table, like the type you'd find on Amazon or Wayfair.

I did something similar with an end table this summer, finding a home for my Korg Wavestate, Ferrofish B4000+ and Mackie 12 Channel Mixer.

Dimensions are 10" x 15" x 24".

endtable-20211102T103118-0001.jpeg

It's been working quite nicely for me for the past two months.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you Gary, that's a clever idea. I am sure a really expensive alternative exists but a bit of DIY'ing might be the best option.

Ask a Question