Controlling the patches on a Korg TR Rack

Reaction score
Guys, yes, it's really a keyboard question - of sorts.

I currently have a Trinity Rack that I love using, driving it with my M1 most of the time (although I also use a PC-based sequencer). I would love to have an easy way to make patch changes to the TR Rack without having to use the VERY clumsy front panel 'buttons' (there's no way to just 'plug in' a patch ID).

Any good ideas?

I think I can probably do it - at least in my 'studio' - by getting a midi patcher that can 'merge' two midi channels, one connected to the M1 (or other keyboard) and the other to my PC sequencer, from which I can easily send the appropriate bank/patch change messages. But I'd rather not have to do it that way if I can avoid it. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Isn't there some way built into the Trinity rack to map CC# controllers from your M1 to control the rack parameters?

It may be as simple as doing a sysex dump to the rack everytime you boot up the rack once you've crafted the proper config file for the rack?

Then again maybe I've been sniffing too much dry erase maker and now everything I'm saying is gibberish :D :D :D

Gary

Reaction score
Could be gibberish Gary, and I wouldn't know the difference. I do know that nothing I do on the M1 (other than playing the keys) causes anything to happen on TR. I may try using the MM6 as the controller and see what happens. The only thing I've ever used sysex for is replacing the patches, and it didn't appear to me that the TR was significantly different than the M1 with respect to what parts of memory are accessible (but I could definitely be wrong about *that*).

;)

Reaction score
quick update: The bank/patch controls on the MM6 do change things on the TR, they just don't seem to be consistent.

I download the 'trinitro' editor (from KorgForums), which should allow me to move things around if I want to; but I'd still rather get a simple 'patch switch'. :)

Ask a Question