Controlling Other Keyboards From FantomX?

Reaction score
So I've got a Roland Fantom X I'm using to control patch changes to two other Roland keyboards (Juno Di and Juno Ds). I want it set up so that when I change a performance on the Fantom it triggers the patches or performances I want on the other two. After some research I finally got this to happen, However, I don't want the sounds from the other two keyboards to be heard from the Fantom when I play it. No matter what settings I change on the Fantom I can't seem to play the Fantom with it's own sound after triggering the other two keyboards. Am I missing something? This is how it is set up:

Fantom X
(Midi Out)
+
Juno Di (Midi Channel 16)
(Midi In - Soft Thru On) / (Midi Out)
+
Juno Ds (Midi Channel 3)
(Midi In)

I use channel 16 on the Juno Di so that I can trigger Performance changes (only works this way). Any ideas?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Not a Fantom owner but it seems to me you should be able to set up a zone on your Fantom to play only the sounds in Zone 1 on Channel 1 leaving Channels 3 and 16 untouched by those notes on Zone 1.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Not a Fantom owner but it seems to me you should be able to set up a zone on your Fantom to play only the sounds in Zone 1 on Channel 1 leaving Channels 3 and 16 untouched by those notes on Zone 1.

Gary ;)
Quite right Gary. I did just that (basically set up the other two keyboards on the Fantom so that they played in a high range of the keyboard that I wasn't using) so that when I play I don't hear the other two. Thanks.

Ask a Question