Coronavirus logistics.

Reaction score
On our News today (Tuesday) 25000 cases in New York state, and at least 210 dead.

Govnr Cuono states Federal not sending enough aid.

Trump says USA will be open for business next month.

Be safe.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Trump says USA will be open for business next month.

Trump has the mind of a bloody toddler. I swear if you shaved that man's head you should start looking for sixes. :p

Next month USA will exceed Italy as the epicenter of cases and deaths at the rate they're going. :eek:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Scary, that the USA does not seem to be aware of what they are up against.

Not being able to order groceries online, despite meeting the at risk criteria I had to brave the Supermarket this morning during the Seniors only hour.

Fresh produce is there but aisles and aisles of empty shelves, worst of all no freezer goods.

Managed to get nearly everything except yeast, damn Baking Shows on TV have caused the nation to become baking mad. Not a single bag of flour to be had, thank goodness I bought a couple if packs last time I was in the Store.

Fishman delivered us some fresh cod and haddock today so that is now filleted and in the freezer.

We can now stay isolated for the next three weeks and as long as I have not caught anything this morning we should be OK at the expected peak of the outbreak here in the UK.

The advice we are given is:-
stay indoors,
if venturing out stay at least six feet from anyone,
avoid visitors,
wash hand every two hours (we use good old soap as it naturally eradicated bacteria and virus’s),
Use an alcohol wash,
Do not touch face unless hands are clean, then wash hand again.

Stay safe folks.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Our news today . .
We are in partial lock down.
Just recently, I moved into a retirement village. Our community of over 300 (over 65's) have just been advised (or ordered) to stay indoors. We are banned from leaving the village unless for medical emergency or to replenish food and essentials. This order is active now from midnight last night.
No idea how they are going to police it. Many of the residents here are single and lonely and need some human connection (even a metre spacing) or they will get depressed.

In defence of Trump, he believes that the death rate by staying in isolation for long periods will be more than the Covid death rate. Whether he is right or wrong . .?
I do not condone his view but depression and suicide may end up rampant. . . Food for thought.
Trump may be right.
Ray

Reaction score
Hello everyone. The situation is scary. Mumbai and India are in a complete lockdown for 3 weeks. We are all working (for whatever it's worth) from home. I had stocked up on essentials early on quite expecting this, but medical supplies and groceries seem to be available. India is a developing country with limited healthcare access available to those at the bottom of the pyramid - private testing for Covid 19 is now available, but at about 45 Pounds, is out of reach for many. Public testing is free, but limited at the moment. I truly pray and hope it doesn't get anywhere close to what's happening in Europe. I am very surprised UK has not got a total lockdown going.

Reaction score
The USA now tops the charts with more coronavirus cases than any other country.

Our News has this as part of the article on the current status in the USA

Trump's call for the nation to get back to work has been echoed by other conservatives who are more bluntly suggesting that aggressive measures to save American lives may not be worth the extended economic distress they require.

Sure glad I do not live in the USA.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Trump is suggesting the church pews should be full on Easter Sunday and the governor of Texas bluntly stated that "Grandma and Grandpa would be proud to sacrifice their lives for the sake of economic recovery by mid April."

Republicans are insane heartless monsters.

If Mitch McConnell, Lindsay Graham and Donald Trump are willing to make that sacrifice I'll happily volunteer to spit in their collective faces. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Just seen Trump on TV saying how proud he is and how well the USA is doing because they are doing so many coronavirus tests.

Well let us look a bit further at the queues at a New York testing facility where there is a long line of people all in close proximity to each other and the queue doubling back on itself.

So these folks wait for hours to get tested and it is days before they get the results.

All it could take is one individual in the que to have the virus and very many around them could contract it.

There can be zero guarantee that
(1) the people will not pick up the virus whilst waiting in the queue
(2) that they will not contract the virus following the test
(3) a negative test does not necessarily mean that they will not contract the disease.

Trump also says that the USA will be back to normal soon.

Please folks do not believe what Trump is saying, I am not American and have no axe to grind against Trump or at least I did not until he started talking cr4p.

Self isolate as much as you can and follow the procedures that are in place in Italy, Spain, Germany and the UK.

At best the USA is three weeks away from reaching a maximum of the pandemic but it will only be three weeks if stringent, hygeine, minimal contact and personal freedom limiting measures are followed.

Our PM and NHS Minister have coronavirus and are self isolating, Chancellor Merkel of Germany is also in quarintine so despite these people being advised by so called professionals it still does not mean that you or in their case them will not contract coronavirus.

Be safe and go OTT with your own protection and that of your family.

25 years working in our National Health Service and I have learned a thing or two about viral, bacterial and related issues in that all staff, patients and visitors need protecting against, how it is done and the risks involved to all concerned. Nurses, Doctors and cleaning staff tend to be area specific where my staff and I went everywhere and we had to have procedures in place to minimise risks to all.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I did a full shop yesterday. I'm not planning to venture any farther from my apartment than the lobby for my mail and the parking lot for a smoke for the next two weeks.

Honestly I'm very disappointed by some of my relatives and friends and what they claim is "social distancing."

They still somehow find it acceptable to drop everything and make an excursion to pick up some item they consider "indispensable" on an almost daily basis.

What nobody seems to realize is that every time you go out and break quarantine you are resetting the clock on how long you have to stay isolated.

Covid-19 is the merciless timekeeper on this game of life and death.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
NOTE: They don't start to discuss vaccines until 14 minutes in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the video Gary.

It is well worth watching for learning about what the researching and development process is.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're welcome Col. Unfortunately I got the impression that we shouldn't exactly hold our breath waiting for a breakthru.

Gary :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Last night was the iHeart Living Room Covid Concert for First Responders And Their Families.

Very much a star studded affair.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question