Coronavirus logistics.

Reaction score
At least things haven't gotten this bad around here yet... :p

Gary ;)

It is frightening, especially the lack of security access.

10 years ago I had a task of improving the CCTV system within a secure location so I went to see various systems in use that were on the market. A University that had extensive coverage and another was a large Department Store. In both cases the system could ID a person and they were tracked wherever they were within the coverage zones. As an example in the Department store a person on the fifth floor was selected and the system instructed to track that individual. The system compiled a video of the selected person and followed them from the time they entered the store until we stopped the surveillance. Facial recognition has dramatically improved since then.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's a reason 1984 was written by a Londoner.

Honestly you can't escape the cameras in any large city these days.

People agree to put them up when they trust their government and then, as always, governments change.

The upshot is to remain as benign and inconspicuous as possible as you go about your daily life.

Anyone who thinks they can shoplift these days is delusional.

What worries me is when I spit on the sidewalk and the robocop police drone whizzes overhead ordering me to wait for an officer :p

That in fact was actually happening in Wuhan during the lockdown. People breaking quarantine were being told by drone to get back to their homes.

If I wasn't such a wussie, I'd pack it all up and move to the northern bush. :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here/s the Sunday Quiz you've all been waiting for. A good mix of softballs and hardballs with a good helping of Jimmy's warped sense of humor :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In case you're wondering which country is spending the most on Covid here's a breakdown by percentage of GDP.

I was surprised to see the US is spending more per capita than we are. We're printing banknotes like mad to stave off economic collapse.

_112156817_optimised-spending_covid-nc.png

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I started some U3A courses earlier this year. But they have been cancelled . . obviously!
But in the short time I was there, I met some nice people.
This is one of them. It's Karl and he is part of the UKE/GUITAR group. (Col would know).
Karl also is clever at film making. He made this video . .

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

I don't know about you guys but I'm just about ready to drink a bottle of Gin and go outside and start licking doorknobs. :p

This lockdown is straight out of a 60's Cold War retaliation playbook for a biological attack.

Step 1) Isolate all case.

Step 2) Keep the rabble fed and entertained while they wait it out in their homes

Step 3) Lather, rinse, repeat...

Now the WHO is saying the pandemic could become endemic like HIV and we'll all just have to learn to live with it forever. :p

Why do I feel like I've been drafted into a war that nobody started? :eek:

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
So now we are about 6 months in.
Situation getting worse . . Not better!

I am in Melbourne . . At the bottom of Australia (the arse end).

Melbourne is getting hundreds of new COVID infections and multipe COVID realated deaths daily. Unlike the rest of Australia . .relatively safe.

Melbourne is now treated like a lepper colony. The rest of Australia has isolated us. We are on notice to fix up the mess. Mainly because our tiny space of this vast continent is resposible for 25% of all the economy and wealth of our country.

So we are in lockdown now with very strict rules. Curfew after dark. We must be within 5 kms of home at all other times. Always mask up outside. Heaps more rules and huge fines for disobeying.
Now I am not having a self pity party 'cause I know the whole world is infected and many places worse off than Melbourne. I just have plenty of time to vent and discuss. You guys are a thoughtful lot and show inerest.

How do I spend my days?

My lifestyle is messed up and my body clock is up the shit.

I go to bed early because I am tired and sleep for a short spells. Restless nights, weird dreams and frequent nightmares wake me up early.

Coffee to start. . . 2 of 'em before breaky and 2 more before lunch.

Wife and I walk 40 - 50 minutes (with masks) twice a day. .
We watch a movie every day. (I rarely watch movies)
Been reading novels (never normally read books) read 2 in two weeks. Last tine I read a book was 5 yrs ago.
I have been playing my keyboard scattered throughout the day and loving it. Without my music I would be going nuts.
3pm usually have my first wine or beer (wife's company of course).
Getting tired and fed up by 4ish, 5ish and thinking about dinner.
No more drinking after dinner . . . think 4 wines is enough. Sometimes a Jim Bean. And that's all!
7pm . . I feel I am in a rut. . Very tired. Watch the news and go to bed.

Normal life is not like this.
I bame COVID.
I hope we can get back to normal before our Australian summer.

Thanks for keyboard forums too.
Keeps me a little sane.

Cheer Ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ray.

What you describe except for the curfew is pretty similar to our situation.

We see very little of what you are suffering with regarding the lockdown over there.

On our BBC website there is a write up on Melbourne’s plight with random checks by Police on 3000 of the infected people finding that 800 are not at home.

So called Sovereign Citizens taunt the Police and fail to follow the Curfew.

A woman not wearing a mask attacked a Police Woman slamming her head against the floor after being cautioned.

Then there is the anti maskers.

I would not surprise me if one of the ringleaders was my mentally scarred Niece who lives there.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW Ray? 4 cups of coffee before noon???

Seriously I think that explains the insomnia. I've cut back to 2 cups a day plus an occasional Earl Gray at dinnertime since Covid and I'm sleeping like a baby.

We sort of have Covid under control in Ontario. Restaurants are now permitted to open interior spaces with proper consideration of distancing rules and masks in all indoor public spaces but it's a raging pit of plague just 40 miles south of me over the US border.

American politicians want to see an open border again ASAP but our PM won't budge. Border lockdown keeps getting pushed back a month at a time pretty much indefinitely or at least until the USA cleans up it's act.

Mad scientists keep whispering hopeful murmurs of a Vaccine by Xmas but I'm more fearful of a mid-Winter spike by that time of year.

You guys in AU are deep into mid winter now and hopefully you'll get a break when the weather warms up.

Sending you positive thoughts and energy... :)

Gary ;)

PS... BTW, since Covid I've taken to jotting down my memoirs. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll publish? Everyone has a story to tell doncha know? Perhaps you might try keeping a Covid journal as well so that someday future generations might understand what we are going thru right now.

Reaction score
Chin up Ray, the rest of Australia are sending our Victorian friends positive thoughts. Hopefully this current level 4 lockdown will break the back of the current outbreak in Melbourne and you guys can get out and about again soon.

Plus you’re severely stuffing up my gigging aspirations, heheh.

3dc

Reaction score
Why do I feel like I've been drafted into a war that nobody started? :eek:

You can bet you a** there is an idiot who started all this. Its not the first time we were dragged into similar situations. The template is more or less the same only the tools are different. War is good for business and pigs ( by Gorge Orwell ) on top of the pyramid. This virus is not a coincidence. Nor is economy imminent collapse, media censorship, mass control, obesity trough sugar, GMO, G5,... We are slowly been cooked like frogs. You either see it or not. :p
Prepare yourself for worst but hope for the best guys. I use this challenging times to learn music. At least I am going down like those guys who played on Titanic. :D:D

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Plus you’re severely stuffing up my gigging aspirations, heheh.
Yeah! What a bummer! You guys have cancelled gigs all around Aus.
That would be a kick in the guts. Sorry man! So much wasted talent on hold till 2021. . :(

Good luck Paul keeping safe.
Me too keeping safe. Most of the virus is on the western side of Melb. I am east.
Chin up Ray, the rest of Australia are sending our Victorian friends positive thoughts.
Thanks . . I know that.

Cheers Ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Sending you positive thoughts and energy... :)
Thanks friend :)
. You are describing RETIREMENT!!! ;)
Nup! 6 months ago I was a vibrant retiree with boundless energy.
Bedtime was 10pm - 11pm ish.
Wake up fresh everday with structure and activities abound.

Stay well Gary. Thanks for your kindness and quirky comments. :)

Ray

Reaction score
If it is any consolation, the months of sequestering and abnormal life have worn on our patience here. We have increased numbers of virus cases and deaths so that has not improved. Then mother nature thew in a small hurricane on Monday evening. But we are still holding on and trying to stay healthy. We (this group) are scattered to the four corners of the world, but we share so much in common. Hang in there everyone and stay safe and healthy! Don

Reaction score
It is Summer here in the UK and yep, its wet and miserable out there.

Just got home from our morning walk, the dog is like a drowned rat, she decided to jump in the stream in the nearby woods which is generally only about 100mm/4” deep but today it is a raging torrent, she disappeared from view but spluttered to the surface and swam to the bank. She then went manic when two squirrels decided to do a kamikaze dash across the footpath in front of her. Now she is draped over my leg fast asleep as I type up the post and have a well earned brew of Darjeeling.

Come the weekend the weather will warm up and a mass of morons will descend onto the beaches and will totally ignore any social distancing measures. In one day last weekend when it was sunny our Coastguard rescued 390 idiots who got into difficulty in the sea.

We live 15 miles from a Virus hotspot where extra measures are in place and activities are as they were three months ago. At least that is what is supposed to happen, our news is keeping quite about Policing the measures in place.

My car has been on trickle charge in my garage for the last two months but it will be taken to my local DIY Store this afternoon as my hedge trimmer has failed and I badly need to get our garden sorted, the damn thing was bought 50 weeks ago so is still within warranty.

I do not know where the time goes in a day, with walking the dog, my music, cooking, gardening, researching our Family Trees other activities, our Zoom quiz sessions and group meetings, time just flies.

3D17598E-FDFE-4726-B239-47BE118793CD.jpeg

We are in this for the long haul, and will continue to social distance and maintain our own safety bubble.

Stay safe guys.

BTW, this is our dog a couple of days ago when there was way less water in the Brook than there is today.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Police on 3000 of the infected people finding that 800 are not at home.
The authorities are ramping up the home visits. Those who are positive MUST stay home for 2 weeks. Those who are not at home will get a $5,000.00 fine automatic. . . Or got to see the magistrate who will dish out $20,000 fine.

Makes me wonder . . 800 not home then their symptoms must not be serious. When I had the flu last year I was home in bed for two days. I think COVID might be overrated. The high numbers of positives are sending us to the wall but many people recover. We don't hear about those. We only hear gloom.

Don't get me wrong, I know the virus is a killer and needs to be stopped. I agree we need to fight its spread.
Not sure governments are doing it effectively.

Reaction score
I think COVID might be overrated.

Do be careful and not allow yourself to become complacent especially if you have underlying health issues like a suppressed immune system, or cardio vascular problems.

People with Covid are infectious for about 10 days and with flu it is only a couple of days or so it says in my latest web trawl. The depth and duration of the infections does seem to vary very widely.

Aberdeen in Scotland has just gone back into lockdown with daily cases rising from 3 to 31 in five days with the source of many of the infections being linked back to a City Pub.

One of the people I regularly see whilst walking our dog would certainly strongly disagree with you about Covid being overrated, she lost her Mother to the disease a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Ask a Question