Covid injection.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Greed is an easy target.

The real culprit is fertility.

We're about to hit a global population of 8 Billion any day now.

All the idiots out there who HAD to have their kids "to make their lives complete" are entirely responsible for the mess the planet is in now.

When I was a kid there were 3 Billion people in the world.

In my lifetime global population has almost tripled.

I hope cuddling all your grandkids makes you happy because the world you are leaving them is not fit for human consumption.

No wonder human life has become the absolute cheapest commodity on the planet. :mad:

Gary :p

Reaction score
You're absolutely right, Gary! Over population is the real scourge! had one child. She had 2. That's it, that's all. GO for a drive anywhere and try to get out of the city. Land is being razed to make room for new houses. WTF is going on with people? I have a friend who has 5 kids! I told him he needed to get fixed after the 2nd one, jokingly of course. I don't remember what the global population was when I was born in 55, but I bet it was around 4 billion or less. We didn't seem to have anywhere near the epic problems then that we do now. Discounting the cold war.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I was born in 56. Population was 3 Billion at the time.

I really don't understand how anyone who ever saw the movie Soylent Green could even want to have kids.

I never married, never knocked anyone up.

As far as I'm concerned I'm a tourist on this planet and when I'm gone I leave nothing behind for a future that may not continue at all for anyone.

Nuclear proliferation, environmental pollution, global conflict. These were bad enough on their own in the 70's and now throw climate change into the mix?

The future of this planet may end up being another remake of the Road Warrior.

The signs were clear enough 50 years ago and everyone simply chose to ignore them and merrily live their lives without consequence.

The irony is almost poetic. The children who brought you so much joy over the decades have to pay the ultimate price for your collective folly.

Now I'm gonna dress up in a bed sheet and join the Hare Krishnas :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It still is.

I grew up about 5 miles away from Montreal Island and there were still working farms in my suburban neighbourhood.

Now they slap up a crappy condo and charge a million bucks for a 2 bedroom apartment that falls apart if you look at it wrong.

People NEVER learn...

You can't fix stupid.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It still is.

I grew up about 5 miles away from Montreal Island and there were still working farms in my suburban neighbourhood.

Now they slap up a crappy condo and charge a million bucks for a 2 bedroom apartment that falls apart if you look at it wrong.

People NEVER learn...

You can't fix stupid.

Gary ;)
No, but it shouldn't be illegal to shoot it!

Reaction score
This is something that we like to do. We get lots of bees! This is just a tiny part.
1629562207300.png

1629562171964.png

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, if your MOOG Grandmother was made entirely without Chinese components the cost would be closer to $10K than $1.5K

Your Kronos would cost as much as an old Fairlight. :eek:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yup, that's true, but if we had kept more of our manufacturing base here, we wouldn't be so dependent on a corrupt country. Just saying. As for us being an "idea" country. I think we might need to step up our education system if we want to be on the bleeding edge.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Compared to an average american public school graduate, we're turning out Phi Beta Kappas in our country man :)

At least we used to.

Nowadays it frightens me that kids can't tell time on an analog clock or calculate change for a dollar without a machine to help them though :eek:

It goes to show you where the voting public's priorities are.

I always get royally pissed off whenever I hear about BILLION$ $pent on a new stadium while university students are forced to take on ridiculous amounts of debt to get a degree for a job for which they will be overqualified and underpaid. :p

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, Canadian companies are some of the world leaders in Fintech and AI software and our big 5 banks are among the largest in the world. We also have boatloads of Big Pharma Research and Production in this country as well.

We are rapidly becoming Switzerland North America and last time I looked the Swiss weren't so badly off.

It may involve some dubious money laundering laws and some questionable lapses in morality but I still prefer not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Truth be told, there ARE jobs in this country but it starts by training for the right ones.

Gary ;)

PS: We've come a long way since the 1940's when we were classified as "Hewers of wood and drawers of water." :p

Reaction score
I stumbled on this thread and was alarmed that you can't go anywhere now without people talking about COVID and politics. It's sad!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well Chris, sometimes it's helpful to share differing viewpoints on an international forum.

And we're all pretty good friends here so no harm no foul.

Besides, this IS the Covid thread after all.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Understood Gary, from what I can see the "viewpoints" seem fairly one-sided. Maybe it's just me but when you are bombarded with all of this 24/7 it's unhealthy. It would be nice if this was kept as a Keyboard forum... anyhow, I will leave you guys to enjoy your discussion. No harm done :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
"Off topic" is a clue!
The ongoing discussion of this thread has been thought provoking, informative and interesting. Especially the international aspect. (as Gary pointed out)
R

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I don't see any harm in letting Americans know what the rest of the world is thinking since the Trump presidency. The man totally devalued any international good will America has gained in the past 80 years.

He may have 42% support in the USA but worldwide he's clocking closer to about 0.05%.

Sorry if you are personally offended Chris but America is NOT the only civilized country in the world these days, perhaps even less than most.

Like all good neighbours we express our concern when we see one of us falling apart before our eyes.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Personally I don't see any harm in letting Americans know what the rest of the world is thinking since the Trump presidency. The man totally devalued any international good will America has gained in the past 80 years.

He may have 42% support in the USA but worldwide he's clocking closer to about 0.05%.

Sorry if you are personally offended Chris but America is NOT the only civilized country in the world these days, perhaps even less than most.

Like all good neighbours we express our concern when we see one of us falling apart before our eyes.

Gary ;)
I'm not personally offended at all Gary. If I am speaking for myself I can say that I have seen things from different viewpoints as I am English and actually moved to America 7 years ago. I totally understand your problem with Trump but not mentioning in the same breath how the media manipulated his whole presidency is just ludicrous to me.

Reaction score
No hard feelings to anyone here, you guys are a great bunch. All I will say is that you cant on one hand say you are prepared to listen to all viewpoints and then frown upon someone that doesn't fit your narrative.

Ask a Question