Creating new sounds

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering what feature on my keyboard would I have to have to be able to upload new synth sounds that I've created? I want to use more then the standard presets on my keyboard. Also, how would I go about doing this? Thanks

Reaction score
Hej csharp,

I think somebody can only answer your question if you tell us which keyboard you have.

Torbjörn

Reaction score
Well not necessarily I was just wondering what the features called. But, I have a Yamaha ypt 300 so it might not have that feature. Which keyboards do? I think I need a synth workstation but not sure.

Reaction score
Hej csharp,
I'm afraid I've to disappoint you, the ypt 300 is an absolute beginner keyboard.

So if you want to tweak sounds you should look for a so called 'workstation' .

One of the cheapest -it depends where you live - is casio wk-7500 which would cost in Europe ca. 550 EUR. Look in you tube and you will find a lot of videos where you can see what this machine is able to. In other areas it will cost between 400 and 500 US$. On the other side if you want such a machine you should have some rural knowledge to handle such keyboards.

This machine will give you a lot of fun.

There is a video series originally in german but in english too, here an example:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CelvianoPianoCASIO#p/c/0B214DE58C4FB227/0/FokkQMtB9R0

Happy music

Torbjörn from sweden

Reaction score
casio wk-7500 [...] This machine will give you a lot of fun.
Hej Torbjörn,

We've been looking at a Casio WK-7500 in a store, the other day.
Do you have one, would you recommend looking at some other alternatives, or would this be a really good choice?
One of the "key issues" is the number of keys, where Casio seems to be fairly alone in the price range (4500-9000 kr / about 400-800 €) of having more than 5 octaves.
There's also the mic in and audio record, which is missing on the Yamahas which we also were looking at.
Something that bothers me now that I look around on the internet is a somewhat negative attitude towards Casio in general. The Yamaha instruments seems much more generally approved of?
It would be great to hear an opinion from someone like you, if you have a WK7500.
Thanks,
Andreas

Ask a Question