Cubase - How to route a standalone app to cubase

Reaction score
I'm using a standalone app called Hi-Pi Instruments "MicroSynth" which enables using microtonal scales.

I use another app on "Microsynth" called "MIDIYoke" It's a virtual MIDI Input app. I can play the virtual keyboard on "MicroSynth" without using the real MIDI Keyboard.

I think that "MIDIYoke" can be routed into Cubase. So I can use "MicroSynth" with Cubase.

MIDIYoke is not a must for me. Finally I use the real MIDI Keyboard for playing. Is there another way for routing without it I'm okay with it.

I want to use VST Plugins with "MicroSynth".

So, how to do that?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Looking at the manual for Microsynth, it says that Microsynth has (virtual) MIDI Input and Output ports, therefore I would think that MIDIYoke is not needed, although I'm not sure.

How are you wanting to use Microsynth and Cubase together? Are you wanting Cubase to send (sequence) MIDI data to Microsynth? Or are you wanting to use Cubase to record the MIDI data coming from Microsynth? You mention using VI plug-ins with Microsynth, so that sounds like you want Microsynth to send MIDI data to Cubase for playing plug-ins. Or are you wanting to have the plug-ins send MIDI data (such as arpeggios generated by a MIDI effects plug-in) to Microsynth?

Also, what operating system are you using? I don't know if that will matter or not, but it would be nice to know in case there's anything you need to do in the operating system.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the answer SeaGtGruff.

It has no virtual MIDI Port by itself. If you have no MIDI keyboard It doesn't sound when you hit the virtual keys.

MicroSynth is a Synthesizer Software which enable you create and play Microtonal Scales mapped to the MIDI Keyboard.

The sounds in MicroSynth software is not good.

So I want to use those Microtonal Scales with the sounds of other brands VST's.

So how to do that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok. I summarize all the settings I need according to this video.

MicroSynth (External Synth Software)

+ MIDI Input : ?

+ MIDI Output : ?

MIDI Track On Cubase

+ Input : ?

+ Output : ?

Audio Track on Cubase

Input : ?

Output : ?

Buses

+ VST Connections – Inputs (3:45) ??

+ MIDI Device Manager (4:19) ??

+ VST Connections – External Instruments (5:31) ??

This guy uses PRO version of cubase. I do not have that External Instruments sections of mine. (8 Elements)

Ask a Question