CVP-403 Display Replacement

Reaction score
Hi,
The Backlight on my CVP-403 Clavinova Display screen has gone out. ive had someone look at it and they said in that model the whole screen will need to be replaced. Big Problem. They are no longer avaliable for sale from Yamaha.
Any ideas on where i could obtain one?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
According to the Service Manual at ElektroTanya.com, the part is WH447300, and searching the web for that part shows that it's the same LCD screen as used in the PSR-S700. I don't see any in stock anywhere, but maybe you could find an old CVP-403 or PSR-S700 with enough cosmetic damage to be bought for cheap so you can cannibalize it for the LCD screen?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thankyou all so much...
I'm not getting far on 2nd hand Yamahas so i might try the aliexpress. I'm always a bit nervous buying from China but hopefully it will work.

Reaction score
I just purchased a non-musical item about 3 weeks ago from China. They said it would arrive in 6-8 weeks, I received it in two weeks and it was as described.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thankyou all so much...
I'm not getting far on 2nd hand Yamahas so i might try the aliexpress. I'm always a bit nervous buying from China but hopefully it will work.

Before you pull the trigger on the Chinese part, download the spec sheets for the original part and the replacement and make certain the two are pin compatible.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Before you pull the trigger on the Chinese part, download the spec sheets for the original part and the replacement and make certain the two are pin compatible.

Gary ;)

oookk... you are speaking to the least techinical person on the planet!!
I'll see if i can do that. Excellent suggestion

Reaction score
If you do not know any Techie who can try to repair it then you are stuck getting a Mobile Service Technician to visit and repair your keyboard in your own home.

To ship such a big heavy beast to a repair facility is probably going to cost more than it is worth.

Reaction score
Hi,
The Backlight on my CVP-403 Clavinova Display screen has gone out. ive had someone look at it and they said in that model the whole screen will need to be replaced. Big Problem. They are no longer avaliable for sale from Yamaha.
Any ideas on where i could obtain one?

Hi,

search eBay for "CVP-403 lcd" - they are usually from HongKong or China Mainland - I have replaced dozens of them - you may need to cut the HV power lead and splice the one from your original LCD and also slightly re-route the flat cable - else they work perfectly !!

Ask a Question