DGX 660 playing out of tune

Reaction score
Please help
Was playing DGX 660 along to an online tutorial this morning and all was fine when I switched off. Turned it on 5hrs later to continue with same lesson and my chords( C, G, Am and F) were now sounding different ; somewhat all higher)

I also have a CTK 6200 which is sounding the same note levels as the online but out of sync with my DGX 660. Tried resetting ( holding down highest note on right whilst turning on) but still getting same. Please what can I do (or, am not doing)?
Thanking you in advance.

Bhongwi.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There are at least three possible causes or solutions I can think of, although normally doing the reset should clear up any problems.

(1) Transpose-- This function may have gotten changed. Alternately, you might be able to use it to adjust the pitch as needed so the keyboard sounds as it should. See pages 55 and 73 of the Owner's Manual.

(2) Tuning-- This function may have gotten changed. Alternately, you might be able to use it to adjust the pitch as needed, either by itself or in combination with the Transpose function. See pages 56 and 73.

(3) Pitch Bend Range-- Sometimes the Pitch Bend Wheel can become faulty, such as from a loose or busted spring, a bad potentiometer, etc. If that happens, setting the Pitch Bend Range to 0 can sometimes help. Also, make sure you don't have anything sitting on the keyboard that's pressing the Pitch Bend Wheel up or down.

You might want to run the built-in test program to see if it detects any problems. I can't find a copy of the DGX-660 Service Manual, but the information in the DGX-650 Service Manual should help.

Reaction score
Hi SeaGtGruff,
Thank you ever so much for your help. It was your third suggestion, had absent mindedly placed my ipad cover on the left side edge of the DGX 660 and it was sitting on the pitch range wheel.
Thank you a million times over.

Phew!!

Ask a Question