difference between nord electro2 and 3

Reaction score
greetings!! i am new to this board and would like someone to explain to me if there is abig difference between the Nord electro2-73 and 3 73...thanks

Reaction score
Didn't look at the product specs, did you.

There are *massive* differences. The Electro 3 lets you load in samples, including Mellotron. It uses a different, improved format for its piano section, using better quality samples. There are a few other things that I can't remember as well, but those are the big ones.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response I guess I should have read more in relation to specs...I really want something that can immulate the B3 without having to hook up a lot of equipment to reproduce the sound...I can get the sound now but it takes some doing on my part and really isn't practical for what I am doing these days. If I could just plug it in and get the sound I would be happy. wheels

Reaction score
As far as the organ section goes, I don't think there's any difference. The one thing that might make a difference is the fact that the Electro 3 has reverb while the Electro 2 does not. Really, unless it's a question of not having enough money for the Electro 3, it's the better choice by far.

Reaction score
There is a difference between the 2 and the 3 in the organ section... the electro 3 organ engine is the same as the Nord C1's... it's an upgrade, better than the Nord Stage's apparently since the Stage uses the engine from the electro 2.

The effects section on the 3 is a bit of a step back since there's no depth knob for effects, only rate, and storing presets is less convenient. Either way, electro 3 is the way to go unless cash is an issue.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the replies. I am not close to a music store that carries Nord...so I haven't had a chance to even look or for that matter play anything from Nord. I have heard some sample bits here and there but nothing that has really impressed me so far.Don't get me wrong I am not god's gift to keyboards...but most clips I think they are trying to show to much versitility instead of givng you solid sound bites. By the way I wonder why they omitted the depth knob effects.?

Reaction score
It's very similar to the NE2, just something (really hard to explain) different. Actually, it could be that most NE2s I played have been old, while the NE3 is brand new.The key action is a near-perfect compromise.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I was reading Musicians Friend August edition and they have the NE2-73 for 1699.00 on their website the NE3-73 is almost 2 grand...Do you think there is that much difference in sound and effects?

Reaction score
Thanks Kanthos I will adhere to your suggestion and go with the NE3 73 thanks for the info and your expertise in this matter. Great forum

Reaction score
Most guitar centers around have some in stock. Try to give them a call and if they have any in stock. if so, ask if there available to test, and if not ask where or when they are in stock

Ask a Question