Differences between PC3K and PC3X

Reaction score
Hi, i'm thinking in buying a kurzweil pc3, and I saw the PC3X is way cheaper than the PC3K, and i found almost no difference, a part from the wooden end caps, and the 128 ram sample memory.
What concernes me is: are those 128 mb ram saple memory so important?, and what happens if it has not?
Thanks in advance

Kristian

Reaction score
The 128 mb is flash ram. It allows you to add additional sample ram memory and programs from other K series, wav and aiff. Is it worth the additional dollars? You're the only one that can assess that need vs. the cost. It wasn't for me.

Reaction score
can you update the OS, or import new programs and sounds to the keyboard without the 128 mb ?

Reaction score
ok, thanks, and a last question: where do the new programs go, and how do you import them?
Thanks in advice
Kristian

Reaction score
I use a PC3 and the file extensions of the files are '.PC3'. On a PC3/PC3x they can be loaded in one of two ways:
1) xD card http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-1gb...gital_Camera_Memory_Cards&hash=item1c26e57789
2) USB interface from a PC/MAC (cable supplied by Kurzweil as part of the keyboard purchase)

The PC3K series allows you to load directly from a USB thumb drive, the PC3/PC3x doesn't. No big deal, the xD cards are widely obtainable (type M+,1GB). I have a few of them. So transfer the file to an xD card, insert xD card into the PC3/PC3x slot then load from "storage mode". You choose the file from the xD card, and press load. It's that simple. You can also save all user defined programs onto a PC/Mac or to the same xD card. When upgrading to a new operating system version (or doing a hard reset of the PC3) the memory gets wiped clean and reset. You would then have to reload the user-defined programs/setups from the xD card. I had to do this just once and it was when the last operating system was released (about 2 months ago). The operating system upgrade took about 5 minutes and the reloading of the user programs took about 30 seconds.....

Ask a Question