DOREMIDI USB Host Review

Reaction score
Hey all; I recently bought a DOREMIDI USB host box so that I could use keyboards with only USB MIDI out ports (no 5 pin) to connect to my Yamaha CK88 piano's 5 pin MIDI in port to trigger sounds on the CK. This box works really well; no lag whatsoever - I plan on looking for a MIDI controller with as close as possible to hammond organ key feel (lots of semi-weighted controllers out there, but none with waterfall keys that I can find which is surprising and disappointing!) to use for organ songs (the fully weighted keys on the CK88 don't lend themselves well to slides etc).

Anyhow, thought I'd share my review on this box in case you have any USB MIDI only devices that you want to connect to 5 pin ones.

Reaction score
As far as i recall there are two versions of the box, one supports 'newer' keyboards and one supports older keyboards. so it is important to understand the difference between the two boxes and which one is appropriate for your keyboard.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Does anyone Really need MIDI 2.0 capability though? If your programming is that complex you'll need a computer or an ipad anyway. Not some $30 box.

Reaction score
Does anyone Really need MIDI 2.0 capability though? If your programming is that complex you'll need a computer or an ipad anyway. Not some $30 box.

What does this have to do with MIDI 2.0?

Maybe you're mixing that up with USB 2.0? Because there are two versions of this DOREMIDI box, the cheaper one is a USB 1.1 device and the pricier one is a USB 2.0 device (which of course also supports USB 1.1).

Ask a Question