Double keyboard stand for Hammond SK2 and Moog Sub 37

Reaction score
I'm looking for a double keyboard stand for my studio and would appreciate some recommendations please.

- the Hammond SK2 sits on the bottom and is a double manual keyboard with drawbars, so the second level needs to be at least 50 cm above the bottom level. Most double stands I've have substantially less clearance between levels than this.

- Moog Sub 37 on top is only 65 cms wide

- it's for studio use only, portability is not an issue

- i'd like to keep depth (front to back) to a minimum to save space

Any ideas? Thanks! I'm based in the UK.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd recommend going the custom built route using Gibraltar Keyboard Stand parts.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Use two stands, one in front of the other. Drop one to a low level and put the 2nd one directly behind it at a high level. That should give you the 50cm. I know of no standard double tier that allows 50cm between the levels.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you do not wish to go the custom route as per Gary’s excellent link then you could always buy a sturdy two tier unit and take the top tier to a local Engineering shop and get them to modify the uplift arms to give you the difference in height that you require.

Quite a lot of tubular steel will actually fit inside the next size up.

So if you are handy with a hacksaw you could always modify the uplifts yourself by cutting them and inserting a smaller sized tube inside the sections to gice the uplift, bond the tubes in place with Gorilla glue and paint and you are good to go.

Ask a Question