Driver-free setup possible with Yamaha keyboard?

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha YPG-635 and recently started using it's MIDI capability. However, I'm having a technical issue where the sound stops in the middle of playing. I've tried many things including replacing the USB cord, updating software, etc, and I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the driver. I have the most recent version updated on my macbook pro (Mojave 10.14.5) but I'm still having issues.

To circumvent my problem, I was wondering if there is any kind of MIDI device I can connect my keyboard to, which then can send the input on to my computer. I am hoping that if this setup is possible, then I won't need a keyboard driver for my macbook. Any other solutions that are suggested would be most welcome as well.

Of note, my keyboard only has a USB port, there is no MIDI port on it. Also, the reason I am trying to get this setup to work is so that I can use the Pianoteq software.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What do you mean when you say "the sound stops in the middle of playing"? Are you talking about the sound that the keyboard outputs while you're playing a MIDI song file? Or are you talking about some other situation?

Reaction score
I have my keyboard connected to my macbook with a USB cable, and I'm using the software Pianoteq to output the sound to headphones I listen to while playing. I can play for a few seconds to maybe a few minutes, then randomly the sound stops even though I am still pressing keys. The problem happens while using Garageband too.

Ask a Question