Casio LK-300TV midi driver windows 10

Reaction score
Anyone know of a midi driver for windows 10 for the Casio LK-300TV.
I've seen one hack for windows 7; however, that does not work for windows 10

Source forge also had one for windows 7 that seems to be based on a Roland.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
From what I remember seeing the last time I was looking for information about their USB-MIDI drivers, it seems that Casio's older drivers had some sort of compatibility issue with Windows 10, and that they've apparently never made a point to update those drivers. That would be fine if their newer drivers worked with all of their models, but it seems that the drivers which are compatible with Windows 10 do not work with their older models.

I no longer have my old Casio, so I'm not able to try it out with my Windows 10 computer to see if I can find a driver that works with it, or figure out some way to get an old driver to work. I'll see if I can borrow my old Casio back from my sister-in-law, or ask my sister if her son's Casio is somewhere that's not too difficult to get to.

Reaction score
That is a kind thought.
My interest in the Casio LK-300TV has been reawakened by my granddaughter wanting to imitate a gorilla playing the Elton John song "I'm Still Standing" ;)

I've managed to convert a very good downloaded midi file using the SMF Converter that converts midi to CM2 format that is one of the formats supported by the Casio LK-300TV; however, some of the midi files available are not as good or convert as well the "I'm Still Standing" file, I thought it would be a more efficient method to use a direct connection with the Casio.

The other option is to get Xzulas's Casio LK-280 keyboard How to download and Configure Midi files for lesson playback method working reliably. Unfortunately I have not managed it yet for the kind of songs the Grandchildren would like.

Reaction score
I have just loaded a win7 64bit driver from the Casio site CCUSBX64_INST and it seems to be working. No errors reported in device manager and sound is output from the Casio LK-300TV to the PC.
I cannot see the Casio card slot or anything else on the Casio LK-300TV, perhaps that is asking too much?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Right, that is not what the USB-MIDI driver is for. It is not a generic connection that lets you read and write data to files on a storage device.

Reaction score
I have a driver for win 10:
CASIO USB MIDI 64Bit mit Win 10.zip (Use "oem23.inf" for install)

then see:
Casio LK-300 Driver.JPG

Attachments

• CASIO USB MIDI 64Bit mit Win 10.zip
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,483
  • Casio LK-300 Driver.JPG
    Casio LK-300 Driver.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,464
Reaction score
Create a directory to store the files Andy kindly supplied, and place the files into the directory you have created. Make a note of the directory you created and where it is located ;)
Connect you Casio to the computer using a long USB lead and power on the Casio keyboard. The computer should make noise indicating something new has been plugged in.

Right click on the Windows Icon bottom left of your computer screen, and select Device Manager.
On my windows 10 system I got a ! exclamation mark on Other devices;- see png Before installing Casio driver picture.
I then right clicked on item with the exclamation mark and selected properties and selected Update Driver.
The system then offers you the chance to search for the correct driver your self.
So you use the browsing option to go and find the driver you placed the folder you created at the start of this process.
You do not have to select a specific file. The system just wants you to select the folder you created!
The system will now load the driver. Job done.

Attachments

• PutfilesSuppliedInAFolder.PNG
    PutfilesSuppliedInAFolder.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 362
  • Before instaling Casio driver.PNG
    Before instaling Casio driver.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 351
  • AfterInstallingDriver.PNG
    AfterInstallingDriver.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 344

Ask a Question