Drum pad for live gigs

Reaction score
Hi all
I’m putting a live gig together using my Juno DS and I’m finding the drum setup pretty tricky. Some songs have drum breaks but the spilt keyboards just makes things even trickier. So, not a keyboard question as such but does anyone know if I can get a small drum pad setup to do the breaks using my hands, nothing sophisticated
And not midi as I want a simple pad that just plugs into the amp and gives me drum sounds

Reaction score
Yes that looks good. I’ve never used one, is it practical to just play the pads with hands? It’s really for drum breaks in songs we don’t have a drummer as such it’s a trio? So it’s a quick leap from keyboards to drum pad! And then back to keys!

Reaction score
Ah! Glad I asked. I wonder if my Juno DS could be configured to use the pads on the rhythm section? They just seem to trigger patterns not breaks.
Or
Maybe a USB stick with a drum break or two. Dunno really but glad people in here know more than me! Thanks

Reaction score

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Maybe one of these?

I know it's overkill, or there's the little brother the MC-101.

Extremely convoluted interface, but extremely capable and surprisingly musical.

I own one but usually use it on batteries and earbuds outdoors in the summertime as a musical scratchpad and idea creator.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Maybe one of these?

I know it's overkill, or there's the little brother the MC-101.

Extremely convoluted interface, but extremely capable and surprisingly musical.

I own one but usually use it on batteries and earbuds outdoors in the summertime as a musical scratchpad and idea creator.

Gary ;)
More ideas thanks Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, Construction on the 101 is rock solid. Metal box with HONEST TO GOD DIN and USB AND 1/4" LINE OUTS!!!

It's not a toy despite it's diminutive dimensions.

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question