FC7 On DGX-660?

Reaction score
Can an FC7 volume expression pedal be used on a DGX-660?

My first learning: I thought I was ordering a 'better' sustain pedal, now I realize it is a volume expression pedal.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Your DGX is a digital piano with some arranger capabilities.

As such the add on pedal unit is the three pedal functionality that you will find on an acoustic piano.

The sustain pedal can via the menu setting provide different funtions, see the manual for details of what it can be used for.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Biggles.

Your reply leaves me thinking I cannot use this pedal but having not specifically said that I am going to ask again, this pedal will not work on the 660, correct?

FYI, the unit did come with a much smaller pedal which I understand is a sustained pedal.

Reaction score
Yes, I knew it was an expression pedal. But checking the input cable, it's the same as the sustain pedal. I have a sustain pedal. Looks like I need to use the 3 pedal system plugged into the pedal unit port.

I've put in a request to return the FC-7.

Reaction score
The 3 pedals provide the same function as those on an acoustic grand piano; damper pedal (to sustain notes), soft pedal (to soften the sound) and sostenuto (to sustain selected notes).

The damper pedal in the 3 pedal unit supports half dampening fir an even more acoustic piano feel.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
The 3 pedals provide the same function as those on an acoustic grand piano; damper pedal (to sustain notes), soft pedal (to soften the sound) and sostenuto (to sustain selected notes).

The damper pedal in the 3 pedal unit supports half dampening fir an even more acoustic piano feel.
Ok. So can I not have an expression pedal on the DGX 660?

Ask a Question