DGX-660 Yamaha using USB-MIDI connection, not showing up as an input device

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm beyond frustrated trying to figure out how to connect to my pc. I downloaded all the available software and drivers for the DGX-660 and it never shows up as an audio device or input option on any of my recording software. I'm not well-versed or experienced with any of this, I just want to record and live stream piano. Please help.

Reaction score
If you search the web, you will find that the Yamaha DGX-660 does not send audio via USB. Read the manual for how to record to device (USB stick). You should stop being frustrated, your keyboard is not intended to perform audio via USB. - Don

Reaction score
Connect up your single analogue TRS output of your DGX to the input of your computer.

By live stream I am assuming you mean just Audio and not Audio and Video

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, I use an inexpensive Behringer USB audio interface to connect my PSR-E models that don't have built-in USB audio capabilities as do the newer models, along with a TRS-to-RCA cable:

Behringer U-Control UCA222
Hosa TRS-201 Male 1/4" TRS to Dual Male RCA Cable

This lets me connect from the PHONES/OUTPUT jack on my older PSR-E models to a USB port on my computer.

A simpler method is to use a TRS audio cable to connect to a LINE IN jack on the computer, although this would also require either a special cable or adapter for connecting from the 1/4" TRS jack on the keyboard to the 1/8" TRS jack on the computer.

The advantage of using a USB audio interface is that it should give you a cleaner signal, plus it will probably have a better sound card than your computer's internal sound card.

Reaction score
And mainly the reason I sold mine.
The DGX-660 that I bought new in 2017 was a disappointment.
A nice instrument to play, but a bad buy. Just not versatile enough, and I found accessing all it's features just too much of a long winded hassle.

Shame, because with the well featured, at time of sale, microphone capability, the lack of general up to date audio capability let the whole instrument down.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Those people who have owned and enjoyed the DGX-660 or its predecessors (DGX-650, DGX-640, etc.) have been waiting for a few years now for any news from Yamaha concerning a followup model, whatever it might be called (DGX-670? or something else?), but there've been no whispers of anything yet. The previous models were released according to a fairly consistent schedule as far as how many years there were between them, and based on that schedule there should have been a new model a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what that means-- Yamaha (as is the case with most other keyboard manufacturers) doesn't like to reveal anything until they're good and ready to, and anyone inside or outside of Yamaha who knows what's up are surely bound by nondisclosure agreements. All we can do is hope that there will eventually be a successor to the DGX-660, and that it will be worth the wait.

Ask a Question