Few Questions About the Casio Privia PX560

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Recently I was looking for an 88 hammered key arranger type keyboard with around 700 quality voices with arranger features which is suitable for stage performances.
I had 3 options, the Casio Privia PX560, KORG Havian 30 and the Roland Juno DS 88. I really wanted a YAMAHA but my requirements dont meet yamaha arranger/workstations/synthesizers.

So speaking about the Casio Privia PX560, it met my requirements. I liked it but Im kinda scared to trust CASIO Branded Keyboards because normally CASIO keyboard dont really have that high-level quality in the sound of the voices. So does this keyboard has high quality sound for all the voices and is it suitable for stage performances?
And then, does this keyboard comes with the "bass chord" just like the Korg PA series arranger keyboards (known as the Manual Bass)?
(For an example, after splitting lower and upper, I play chords at lower (three fingers) and it produces an automatic bass for the chord)

Thanks In Advance.

Reaction score
The Korg Havian is a digital ensemble piano to quote Korg’s sales blurb, it is in reality more of a hybrid with features of different keyboards

The Juno DS is not an arranger its a synthesizer/workstation and as far as I a, aware does not have the features you desire.

Can I clarify one aspect of your requirements “bass chord”, what follows is my understanding and experience on my own Korg PA.

With Arranger keyboards they automatic accompanyment Style can be triggered by playing a three fingered chord, play another chord and the Style changes to reflect the new chord.

This auto Style playback can also be triggered by enabling one fingered chords in the menu.

The instrument voices sounding to the left of the split are variable depending upon the Style but typically Drums, Strings and Bass are the prime three instrument groups.

On a Korg PA when a Style is started a Bass line element is automatically included in the playback and what is played if related to the triggered chord.

There is an option to select a Manual Bass when the drum track remains but the left hand plays Bass.

On my Korg PA I can have the Style playing and if I hold at least a three fingered chord and then lift one finger and replace it I get an emphasized Bass note.
If your understanding is different please advise further.

Reaction score
DS88 does not have the kind of bass feature you want.

Havian 30 doesn't have 1/4" outputs, so you'll need a particular cable to go from its headphone jack into your amp/mixer/direct box, i.e. a cable that takes the stereo headphone out and converts it to separate left and right 1/4" plugs. (PX560 has more "professional" connectivity... 1/4" outputs and also standard MIDI jacks, and the ability to hook up more pedals.)

Sounds can be subjective. You might find that you like some sounds better on one, and other sounds better on the other. One category of sounds that the Havian has that the PX560 does not are monophonic (as opposed to polyphonic) sounds.

Reaction score
Okay, i got it. Speaking about t
The Korg Havian is a digital ensemble piano to quote Korg’s sales blurb, it is in reality more of a hybrid with features of different keyboards

The Juno DS is not an arranger its a synthesizer/workstation and as far as I a, aware does not have the features you desire.

Can I clarify one aspect of your requirements “bass chord”, what follows is my understanding and experience on my own Korg PA.

With Arranger keyboards they automatic accompanyment Style can be triggered by playing a three fingered chord, play another chord and the Style changes to reflect the new chord.

This auto Style playback can also be triggered by enabling one fingered chords in the menu.

The instrument voices sounding to the left of the split are variable depending upon the Style but typically Drums, Strings and Bass are the prime three instrument groups.

On a Korg PA when a Style is started a Bass line element is automatically included in the playback and what is played if related to the triggered chord.

There is an option to select a Manual Bass when the drum track remains but the left hand plays Bass.

On my Korg PA I can have the Style playing and if I hold at least a three fingered chord and then lift one finger and replace it I get an emphasized Bass note.
If your understanding is different please advise further.
Yes this is the bass chord i was mentioning.

Reaction score
I understand that the KORG HAVIAN 30 has what i needs including the bass chord.
But I highly doubt this keyboard too,
  1. Is this keyboard suitable for stage performances/music composing - Is the sound quality good and professional?
  2. UPPER 1,2,3 and only LOWER 1? No lower 2?
So i can only layer 1 sound at the left hand after splitting?
Are there any apps at PC to combine two different sounds/voices and export it back to the keyboard?
(For an example: Strings and Acoustic Bass)

Thank you.

Reaction score
I do not know enough about the Havian to answer your questions.

When I go to a concert I do take interest in what the Keyboard player is using and there has been the odd Havian used but primarily its other Yamahas, Rolands, Nords and Korgs.

For straight composing maybe you would be better served by a keyboard controller and DAW software on your PC/MAC.

If you have not seen these then do watch them all to gain a better understanding of the Havian. They are the Video Manual series of 7 tutorials that Korg have produced specifically for the Havian. Do note that Korg produce Video Manual tutorials specific to each model they produce.

Other manufacturers also produce similar video tutorials, specifically Roland whose tutorials are listed as being produced by Product Support.

Reaction score
I understand that the KORG HAVIAN 30 has what i needs including the bass chord.
But I highly doubt this keyboard too,
  1. Is this keyboard suitable for stage performances/music composing - Is the sound quality good and professional?

Sound quality is subjective. You can hear the keyboard yourself online, to get some idea. But being an arranger, demos would often include the backing tracks which (from what you said elsewhere) I don't believe you intend to use. So in videos, pay particular attention to the sound of what the player himself is actually playing at the time (or demos that show solo playing).

Korg's main page https://www.korg.com/us/products/digitalpianos/havian_30/ starts with the headline "The complete musical ensemble for your home." So I think that tells you that this is not a board they designed for professional stage use. The lack of things like 1/4" outputs and MIDI jacks tells you the same thing. But that doesn't necessarily mean you can't do a professional calibre performance with it.

UPPER 1,2,3 and only LOWER 1? No lower 2?
So i can only layer 1 sound at the left hand after splitting?

I believe that is correct, allowing for the fact that the automatically generated sounds (i.e. "bass chord" bass ) are separate and don't count as one of the three Upper or one Lower sound.

The Casio PX560 is set up differently... instead of three upper and one lower, it has two Upper sounds and two Lower sounds. In addition, any/all of these four sounds can be "hexlayer" sounds which, themselves, allow you to split or layer up to 6 sounds. (That means there's even a way to have up to 24 different sounds split/layered on the keyboard!)

Are there any apps at PC to combine two different sounds/voices and export it back to the keyboard?
(For an example: Strings and Acoustic Bass)
Again, I don't think "bass chord" takes up a playable part, so as I understand it, even the Havian with its one Lower sound can let you have a left hand part of strings (played manually) and acoustic bass (generated separately and automatically from the lowest note by the "bass chord" feature, if I understand that feature correctly ).

But to the actual question, there are tons of sounds you can get from a computer, including sounds that can be better than what are in the keyboards. You can also get more sounds from an iPhone/iPad which can sometimes be more convenient than using a computer, though computers give you the widest range of highest quality sounds.

However, there is no need to export the sound back to the keyboard, you can go directly from the computer to your playback system. Unless you want to hear the computer's sounds through your keyboard's internal speakers. If you want to do that, the keyboard needs to have an audio input. The Casio PX560 has audio line inputs. The Havian 30 does not have a line input, but it may be able to receive audio from the computer via USB, I don't know.

If you want to mix and match a keyboard's internal sounds with a computer's sounds, ideally your keyboard should have certain "MIDI controller" features these boards may not have, so you may run into some roadblocks. But from what I can tell, the Havian 30 is better equipped to integrate external sounds than the Casio is.

Having said all that, I think your fundamental problem in finding what you want is that professional keyboards for stage use aren't generally going to have any kind of "auto bass" system, because professional stage musicians don't use/need that feature.

...If you're playing live with an ensemble, you're probably playing with a bass player, so you don't need any kind of auto bass.

...if you're playing live in an ensemble where you do indeed need to play bass lines with your left hand, your left hand will generally need to play a bass line and nothing else, because "professional calbre" bass lines have their own motion and also need to be locked into what the drummer is doing. Simple bass automatically generated from the lowest note of a chord wouldn't give you the results you need.

"Auto bass" features are really for two kinds of players: home users and "one man band" performers, and you don't typically see "one man bands" on professional stages. Even in the cases where professional bands employ backing tracks, they will use recordings or sequences, not a bass part generated from the bottom note of the keyboard player's chords.

(And even someone using an arranger for a public one man band performance wouldn't be using just the bass, they would be using other automatically generated instruments as well--drums and other sounds--meaning they'd be using the full arranger/accompaniment functions, which I think you said you don't need. So you're asking for something very unusual!)

If you give up on doing what professionals don't do (auto bass), you'll have a ton of professional keyboards to choose from. But if you need that feature, you'll probably have to live with a keyboard that is less professional calibre in other ways.

Reaction score
Sage advice there from Anotherscott.

Can I ask you if you can easily access a Music Shop?

If you can then it is well worth going to try as many different types of keyboard as you can, all the better if it includes your Casio 560.

If you are less restrictive on your selection criteria then other keyboard models become potentially available and in any case I would suggest you try to play:-

Yamaha MODX
Roland Juno DS
Korg PA either a 700 / 1000 / 4X
Yamaha Genos

These range from $1000 to $4000 and I am not suggesting that any of these are right for you but playing them will give you a better understanding of what is available and that may help in fine tuning your actual requirements.

Reaction score
Ok so whoever here using this CASIO PRIVIA PX560, can you tell me if this keyboard has automatic bass chord in this keyboard?

John Garside

JohnG
Reaction score
I provided answers to your questions over on the Yamaha Musicians forum.

Why don't you read what's already been posted or download the manual and read that.

Your constant repetition of questions that have been answered is more like the actions of a troll than of genuine interest.

Find a music shop that stocks the PX560 and go and try it, then you'll know for sure.

Reaction score
As shown in the other forum, the PX560 manual says you can generate an (editable) auto accompaniment from a left hand chord, and it also lets you individually mute the various parts of the accompaniment so you can end up with nothing but the bass part of the accompaniment, which sounds to me like what you want. But only you can be sure it is doing exactly what you want the way you want it. It might help if you posted a video demonstrating you doing what you need using your current keyboard, so people can tell exactly what it is you're trying to do. There's also an arranger forum where you might find people more familiar with these kind of functions: http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/37/1/General_Arranger_Keyboard_Foru

Reaction score
If your spec is so critical then you need to travel to a music store and try the keyboard yourself.

I think that we have exhausted all possibilities and answered your wuestions to the best of our knowledge.

You have been given excellent advice within this and other threads that for me the time has come to cease providing advice to you and wish you well in your selection.

Ask a Question