First album out now, Activisual

Reaction score

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry Hansi.

I don't subscribe to any of those services so I really can't give it a proper listen.

Gary :(

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Tracks I enjoyed...

Mr Mystery

4 Walls

Breaking Away (Who did the strings?)

Musicman

Tranquility

Forget me Not

Activisual

The sadder ballads I didn't much care for.

Maybe it's just my jaded tastes but I thought the mixing was too "clean." It could have used some distortion and reverb or other FX thrown in to make some of the songs more interesting.

Then again I'm not really your target audience for this style of music. The ballads should hook in the suicidal emo teens who are always moaning about lost love :)

Nonetheless I recognize the effort it took to get this out and I hope it sells a million copies...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank for the comments Gary,

The strings on all the album were done by Ásdís Arnardóttir on cello (a member of the Icelandic Symphonic Orchestra) and Greta Salóme on Violin (a great singer, songwriter and a violinist who has competed in Eurovision song contest two times for Iceland and is working with Disney these days). All string sections were written by our producer, Tod Todson (Þorvaldur Bjarni Þorvaldsson) who has worked with many of the biggest names in the Prog Rock scene such as Jon Anderson and Steve Hackett. He has also been the producer and recording supervisor for a few large movies where the soundtracks have been recorded in the same studio we used.

We of course realize that not all the songs will appeal to everyone but we hope that the whole image of the story we are trying to tell with the progression of the songs will appeal to enough people so that we can get our music heard

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
So far I have just listened to "mr mysyery" in its entirety. GREAT Song. Love it.
And for the rest of the album . . I just listened to snippets of each track. There are some awesome riffs.
I plan to listen the the whole album later today. Looking forward to it.

Ask a Question