FS: Minimoog Model D

Reaction score
Original Model D MiniMoog in Excellent Condition with Anvil Case

Price: $3250.00 + Shipping (located in CA, 94089) (local pickup encouraged)
Serial No: 6101

I've been hanging on to some of my gear way too long. Since this has had almost zero use and has been in storage for the last 20 years its time to let it go to somebody that will use it. This was my personal synth from the late 70's. It is in excellent physical condition, plays and tunes without any problems.

Custom Modifications

4 Additional internal patch points were added to the moog to allow oscillator 2 & 3 pitch to track the filter section ADSR contour and to sync to oscillator 1 frequency. This makes it possible to do classic sync effects like those introduced by the Cars. The two switches on the top left, sync oscillator 2 & 3 to oscillator 1, and the switches next to OSC 2 & 3, add pitch Control Voltage from the Modulation Filter section.

Click Pictures for Larger Image

Reaction score
did you make adjustments to the mod wheel? because I have a model d from '74 and the mod wheel doesn't look anything like yours.

Reaction score
Mod Wheel

did you make adjustments to the mod wheel? because I have a model d from '74 and the mod wheel doesn't look anything like yours.

No Mods. There were different styles of wheels at different times. Some of them were completely smooth (no ridges) and some looked like the ones pictured.

Reaction score
Good grief,I cant belive the prices these things go for-couldnt be more basic and yet theyve become uber cool,and cool sells! Of course I want one,with its 12 dB per octave filter depth (I think, on this model), but crikey I have a more sophistcated synth on my Nintendo DS,lol (Korg DS 10)

Reaction score
Good grief,I cant belive the prices these things go for-couldnt be more basic and yet theyve become uber cool,and cool sells! Of course I want one,with its 12 dB per octave filter depth (I think, on this model), but crikey I have a more sophistcated synth on my Nintendo DS,lol (Korg DS 10)

I'm sorry but I disagree. Your Nintendo DS may be more complicated, but I'm sure it doesn't come close to the feel, quality, and sound of a Minimoog. I believe that is the reason they are so popular, because they have the feel and sounds that no other synth could hope to attain.

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I disagree. Your Nintendo DS may be more complicated, but I'm sure it doesn't come close to the feel, quality, and sound of a Minimoog. I believe that is the reason they are so popular, because they have the feel and sounds that no other synth could hope to attain.

oh absolutely,but theres no denying a lot of the time they're bought because analog has become the in thing. Bands like The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian etc have used the analog sound-retro is very 'in' at the moment. I wonder how many know how to use it properly tho…
Me I'd love one,but no way I could justify 4 figures for one!

Ask a Question