Hammond XK-3c - Internal Leslie Parameters

Reaction score
I have a Hammond XK-3c and I'm having trouble adjusting the internal Leslie sim parameters - the changes I make do not persist after I turn the organ off. I have heard that I'm supposed to "record the parameters to the Cabinet type" but (I'm embarrassed to say) I don't know what that means. Do I find the Cabinet type (which is easy enough) and then save it, somehow (?), before adjusting other Leslie parameters (like Horn Speed, Click, etc.) or do I treat the Cabinet type as just another Leslie parameter that must, however, always be reset (first) whenever I reset other Leslie parameters? (I don't have this problem with other, non-Leslie parameters, and studying the Manual hasn't gotten me there.)
I would appreciate it if someone could let me know what the proper procedure is.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Go to the Hammond website and search for their links for "how to" -- or search on youtube -- as I'm pretty sure you'll find the answer in one of their videos.

Old No7

Reaction score
Thanks, but the Hammond "how to" links don't address any of the XK series, and I've been looking on Youtube for several days now, without success (even when I broaden the search to include any XK models).
I sure would appreciate some help with this...

Reaction score
Try making your adjustments then save everything as a preset. When you turn on the keyboard call up your preset, the parameters on the leslie should then be set as you programmed them.

Ask a Question