Hello all

Reaction score
Hello I'm a 44 y.o. musician from Copenhagen Denmark. I'm playing keys and singing in a various party bands. I've recently bourght a Casio WK6500 and i'm very satisfied with the product. However I've got one problem that I can't work out and I'm hoping someone here can help. I can't change the tone for the UPPER1 (right hand lead sound) while playing in split-mode. When i aply the split I can only acces the lower tone. I have to exit split-mode, change the upper sound and enable keysplit again. However this really anoing durring performance because I need to keep the basline going. I've consulted the manual without any luck.

Reaction score
Hej, hej Niller,

as far I can see there is no easy way of changing Upper1 in splitmode during running accompaniment. This is a problem of keyboards in the lower price range. The only way I can imagine is ev. page 58 of the manual (different registrations). But how this should work if the accompaniment or bass line should keep running I don't know Fill in before changing registration?).

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply goldi5210. I've contacted Casio's techincal support and they informed me that there was no way to do it. But I've found a workaround. I simply store user pressets next to each other with the same settings ecxept the lead sound. When I'm changing between the presset theres no "cut of" or "note off" on the lower sound. So it works fine durring performance :)

Ask a Question