Hello from the UK

Reaction score
Hi all, as I'm new here I thought I'd post a proper introductory thread!

I'm in my 20s, based in the UK (currently near Leicester), and at the moment I play the keyboards for a soul/r&b covers band (The Non-Commitments), playing live across the East Midlands.

Outside my soul band, I'm also a huge fan of progressive rock - taking inspiration from classic bands like Genesis, ELP, Marillion, right up to modern-day prog like Frost*, Transatlantic, Steven Wilson, Spock's Beard...

My main keyboard is the Roland RD-800 which I bought last year (and absolutely love it!). I also have a Roland SH-201 synth which is great fun to play around with, though doesn't quite fit into my current band. I also have some older Yamaha keyboards but they're gradually getting phased out...

I've done a fair bit of writing/recording in the past, including taking part in the RPM Challenge and also selling compositions through the freelancing site Fiverr.

Looking forward to taking part in this forum, chatting with other like-minded people, and generally getting ideas/inspiration on all things keyboard.

Best,

James

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
From Melbourne Australia I say welcome James. You should fit in nicely here. There are others here too playing in bands. And some including myself are not performers but enthusiastic keyboard players. We are a diverse lot overall and friendly:)
Cheers ray.

Ask a Question