hello

ash

Reaction score
Hi i found this forum by chance. looks good and i hope to learn. my name is Ash, im 34 from north wales in the uk. im disabled and i use a wheelchair, i have limited movement but i still try and do as much as i can. i've been playing the keyboard on and off for 16 years. i can use my left arm but not my right and i use midi files to play along with. quite recently i can only use three fingers of my left hand to play the keyboard but i feel limited to what i can do which is frustrating because i want to be able to play like other people. i have downloaded a few midifiles by queen and pink floyd which i play the chords over the top and i try to learn other parts of the midi file but its difficult such as the lead. does anyone have any advise on three finger playing with left hand? i was told to work on my three finger playing but i wandered what advise i could get in the forum.

Reaction score
hi! welcome to us:), it sounds quite dificult, i'd tell you to play over a blues pattern, with the blues scale, so, moving through only 6 notes, it will be easier if you play only with 3 fingers, and you don't have to play very fast, just doing licks.
Good luck

Regards
Kristian

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Ash! :)

Of the three fingers you can use, is one of them your thumb?

ash

Reaction score
yes, the three fingers i use are thumb 1st and middle finger.

Reaction score
Having the thumb does help with dexterity - might be worth practicing scales with those three fingers to build up strength for playing melodies.

Ask a Question