Hey

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, thought I post haha.

Well I had this keyboard since i was 5 years old but I haven't really touched it until about 4-5months ago(I am 15 years old now). So the keyboard is pretty outdated. I am hoping to get a better one soon.

Quick Help Statement:

I am left handed. I barely know how to read music sheets. I can't play with both hands because I am more comfortable using my left hand. Should I just keep practicing? Change hands and practice? Or Give up? Thanks!

Oh if you have any questions, please ask! :D

Reaction score
Playing with both hands is nothing you master in 4-5 months, that takes quite a lot of practice.
If you're very uncomfortable using your right hand, I suggest practicing more with that, since if you're not comfortable using one hand at a time, putting them together will be close to impossible :p

So, practice a little more with your right hand, until you feel that you're comfortable enough when playing your right hand alone, and your left hand alone, then you can start playing them simultaneously.

I'm not really any professional when it comes to teaching, but I think that should work. If any other member here thinks I'm wrong, please correct me :)

Reaction score
thanks, I guess i'll start playing with my right hand now

also my pinkie is kinda "retarded" lol it feels weird, but i'll keep practicing. thanks for the advice

Reaction score
The pinky usually is quite a lot weaker, but as you get better, so will the pinky ;)

If you feel that you really need to get more strength into it, I think Camkey said something in one of my threads about an exercise that has really helped me get some strength to my fingers. And there are probably tons of other exercises all over the web that might be of help if you get desperate ;)

Reaction score
Welcome!!

All good musicians have to practice, practice, practice to get their hands to move with their thoughts and creativity. Give it time and DON'T give up. If you practice between 1-3 hours a day you should get comfortable really soon. Give us an update in about three months and then go back and read this post. I think you will be giggling with the progress you made!!!

Reaction score
Another thing you can do to really see your progress, as I've done (not really for that purpose, mostly for fun, but it seemed to have served that purpose later on :p).
If you record yourself playing something now, and save it somewhere. Then go back and watch it after a few months of practicing, and you will surely see your progressions :)

I recorded 2 songs before I started music-school (or whatever the english name of it would be... "Gymnasium" in swedish), I thought I played rather good back then, was almost a little proud of myself.
Then I go back and watch it after my first year in this school, and I'm almost ashamed of it :p. It was public on Videogoogle before, but as soon as I watch it again, I removed it instantly :p

Ask a Question