Hip Dip Tom Keyboards

Reaction score
I've somehow collected 3 keyboards (long story). A mint Korg M1, a nice Korg workstation but with a broken key and a nice Korg T3 ex but with a broken value slider. The key and value slider are both easy repairs for me
So the question then is, is which one would you keep? or would they be worth keeping (investment)? Barring in mind i'm only a beginner

TIA

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The way I've been working it for the past twenty years is constantly selling off old keyboards and trading up to better models.

Now I've finally reached a point along the way where I'm totally happy with what I've got and I've learned a lot along the way.

My advice is to hang on to what you've got until you've outgrown it and then start looking around on craigslist for stuff worth the upgrade.

One thing I've learned along the way is that you get accustomed to a keyboard's particular sounds and it becomes difficult to part with a particular instrument if it fills a niche that no other board can properly duplicate.

Just be aware that in the long run, there's no such thing as too many keyboards. Thanks to MIDI sequencing you can use all of them at once anytime you want to :)

studio-2.jpg

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I'm hanging on to an old SY-22 keyboard with a broken key and volume slider for no good reason. I really like the action on it and it may see future service as a midi controller.

But as a stand-alone keyboard it's pretty much worthless, and I don't see that changing in years to come! I'll never sell it, I'll either keep it, give it away or trash it.

Ask a Question