How can I run sty file in casio ctx 9000

Reaction score
I like some yahama keyboard rhythm that I want to play in my casio ct x9000in keyboard... What I do

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You can't play Yamaha style files in Casio keyboards, nor can you play Casio rhythm files in Yamaha keyboards.

There are programs that can convert one format to the other, but they tend to be expensive.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
The one program I was trying to remember is EMC Style Works XT, but it doesn't list Casio as one of the brands it works with-- Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Ketron, Technics, GEM, and Wersi; but not Casio. :(

Reaction score
If your Casio will import a MIDI file you could try renaming a Yamaha Style file extension to .mid and try loading it.

I had some small degree of success simply doing this on my Korg arranger.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
There is a utility from Casio that lets you create a Casio rhythm file from a MIDI file, but so far I haven't found any information about what Marker text needs to be inserted into the MIDI file for the different sections. But I haven't installed that free utility yet to see if maybe its documentation says what Marker text to use.

And there's a YouTube video out there about how to convert a Yamaha style file to a Casio AC7 rhythm file, which I assume involves chopping off the non-MIDI portions of the Yamaha STY file and replacing Yamaha's Marker text with appropriate Casio Marker text, and then using Casio's free utility to create an AC7 rhythm file from the MIDI file, but I haven't watched that video yet.

Reaction score
If your Casio will import a MIDI file you could try renaming a Yamaha Style file extension to .mid and try loading it.

I had some small degree of success simply doing this on my Korg arranger.
How to import midi files

Reaction score
I cannot download the manual to check but if you look to see how to import files and the types it can import then if it can import a MIDI file it will say so and give the procedure.

Ask a Question