How can I Transpose Motif

Reaction score
I have a motif ES8 and I want to transpose my Roland PK5 petals when I transpose the Yamaha motif ES 8
The problem is the PK5 pedals also has a transpose function on it but it takes too much time to transpose each piece individually because they are hooked up thru midi, there should be someway to just transpose the keyboard and the PK5 pedals will follow?

Reaction score
On my Kurzweil PC3 transpose occurs locally (the PC3's sounds) as well as transposing MIDI notes. It is done via a setting; I'm sure that similar setting is located somewhere on the ES. Not being a Yamaha owner I don't know where it is; I scanned the owners manual, check pages 63 and 272 of the owners manual.

Reaction score
Thank you Dave, I will read it over maybe there’s something I’m missing. I know how to Transpose on the Motif Keyboard and I know how to Transpose on the pedals, But to transpose on the pedals it’s not an easy thing to do it’s a few different steps. That’s why I was hoping I can transpose both at the same time from the Motif. Right now when I Transpose the Motif it’s not Transposing the Pedals using my midi cables. Idk maybe it’s not possible. I am going to read that section thanks again.

Reaction score
Thank you Dave, I will read it over maybe there’s something I’m missing. I know how to Transpose on the Motif Keyboard and I know how to Transpose on the pedals, But to transpose on the pedals it’s not an easy thing to do it’s a few different steps. That’s why I was hoping I can transpose both at the same time from the Motif. Right now when I Transpose the Motif it’s not Transposing the Pedals using my midi cables. Idk maybe it’s not possible. I am going to read that section thanks again.
try this site: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum

Ask a Question