How do you protect your pitch bend/modulation lever in a bag?

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
On many keyboards the pitch bend/modulation lever sticks out more than anything else, and looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Do any of you protect that some when in the bag/case, and if so, how?

Thanks!

Reaction score
If you're that concerned purchase a hard case. How are knobs any different other than they don't stick out as much but they still stick out regardless.

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
Both good thoughts. I'd like a hard case, but just would prefer not to have to handle the weight of one, due to a shoulder injury from way back. Lifting and playing is fine, but extra weight just hanging straight down on it is bad.

That got me thinking of just using a piece of firm foam that's thick enough, with partial cutout pockets for the lever, knobs and sliders. Excellent point, Dave! And a coupe of little tabs of Velcro to hold it, or a strap maybe. I just found a nice piece foam, strap, and the Velcro in the wife's sewing cabinet. Free is my favorite color of material!

Now I see that I need to grind away a couple of thin portions of the housing that sticks out just below all of the connections on the back. An angled plug, heading down, won't fully seat in the output jacks! Same for the pedal jacks. I'll have to make clearance for them. I just need a couple of mm removed locally, but Aaargh!, who designs this stuff?

Ask a Question