How to affix my KB to a stand? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello folks. I've just bought a Yamaha PSR-E463, with a stand. I need to secure it properly, does anyone know how. It's a sturdy stand. It has two holes on each side of the stand corresponding to the left and right of the keyboard. Currently there are four pads, one in each corner. You help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Here's the stand. The light isn't so good as it's dark. The key thing is the holes on the left and right of the stand. The KB has screw holes on each side and in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_20240109_210851.jpg
    IMG_20240109_210851.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
I've just ordered some rubber straps, I was thinking that would be it really, unless I fork out seventy odd pounds for a specific Yamaha stand.

Reaction score
+1 to using a tight-weave fabric dust cover ALWAYS when it's not being played.

Some stands (Liquid Stands, for instance) have straps attached which can be secured to the board. But I too rely on gravity -- and keeping people away from the band's equipment.

Old No7

Attachments

• Liquid Stands.jpg
    Liquid Stands.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
There are a pair of screw holes underneath the E series, these are to take straps that can be used to secure the keyboard to the stand.

If you did not get any straps with the stand or keyboard then Amazon has them for about £6.

Reaction score
There are a pair of screw holes underneath the E series, these are to take straps that can be used to secure the keyboard to the stand.

If you did not get any straps with the stand or keyboard then Amazon has them for about £6.
Thanks. I think I'll order a pair now, then get the cover later down the line. Thanks again. Dent.

Reaction score
How could I? Ford Prefect wouldn't let me forget. 😂

Going back further, Asimov's Foundation has been television-ised. Got to watch the end of episode 1 now. I think it's the Vogons that have destroyed the Empire and that sky tower thingy, like they did with Earth.

Reaction score
I re-read the Foundation Trilogy, alas the TV series falls way short, still enjoyable though.

Talking of THHGTTG, my final eMail to soon to be ex-colleagues ended with

….. so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Reaction score
From stands to THHGTTG, to Asimov to flight sims : did you ever play A-10 Tank Killer, F-15 Strike Eagle, F-16, and that lot on the Amiga?

Reaction score
We do go off topic quite easily.

No, I did not play games on the Amiga, only MS Flight Sim and Wing Commander both on PC, now Wing Commander was rubbish, but there again maybe it was me that was rubbish at it.

I’ve just ripped the BBC Radio Series of HHGTTG from my CD’s to listen to when I go into Hospital for an op and will be laid up for a few weeks.

Mrs bought me the box set of books for Christmas.

Funnily enough one of her facebook friends recently posted “Which Movie Character Would You Want To Play?” and they chose Ford Prefect, it was a toss up for me between Zaphod Beeblebrox or Slarty Bartfast.

Reaction score
OK. I'll order the cover on Friday when I get paid. Edit : I've just purchased one, thanks for your help! Now I just have to practice. I'm trying Simply Piano, it looks good value.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We do go off topic quite easily.

No, I did not play games on the Amiga, only MS Flight Sim and Wing Commander both on PC, now Wing Commander was rubbish, but there again maybe it was me that was rubbish at it.

I’ve just ripped the BBC Radio Series of HHGTTG from my CD’s to listen to when I go into Hospital for an op and will be laid up for a few weeks.

Mrs bought me the box set of books for Christmas.

Funnily enough one of her facebook friends recently posted “Which Movie Character Would You Want To Play?” and they chose Ford Prefect, it was a toss up for me between Zaphod Beeblebrox or Slarty Bartfast.
Im actually related to Dents. My Mum's cousins. My cousin is Graeme Dent, son of my Mam's cousin. Plus three more, one or two were policemen. So there you go. 😁

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I bought a Yamaha DP it came with a trial of Flowkey, which out of interest I tried every day for the month.

I also tried Playground Sessions to see if that would help my independent hand actions, that is still a WIP but that App is IMO the best that I have tried.

Of course it depends upon what and how you want to play as most learning Apps tend to be Piano centric and not developed for playing Arranger Style.

Ask a Question