How to affix my KB to a stand? Thanks.

Reaction score
Great for getting the cover for it -- you won't regret it... Now go have some FUN!!!

Old No7

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yes yes yes. And remember to buy the optional addon spillproof beer cozy. :p

Seriously don't buy the cheapest dust cover you can find.

Those stretchy nylon pieces of crap trap more dust than they repel.

I usually get my dustcovers from this guy in Illinois.

Quality dustcovers made to order.

Reaction score
Yes yes yes. And remember to buy the optional addon spillproof beer cozy. :p

Seriously don't buy the cheapest dust cover you can find.

Those stretchy nylon pieces of crap trap more dust than they repel.

I usually get my dustcovers from this guy in Illinois.

Quality dustcovers made to order.
Too late, I bought the cheapest I could find on the site who's name is like a South American jungle. Another thing to add to my shopping list, then. I'll have to wait until I'm a riff playing jam master musician like your good self, before I can afford a cover that's custom made.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Too late, I bought the cheapest I could find on the site who's name is like a South American jungle. Another thing to add to my shopping list, then. I'll have to wait until I'm a riff playing jam master musician like your good self, before I can afford a cover that's custom made.

Use the cheap one to wax your car.

The lecover ones are dustproof, waterproof, rubberized ripstop nylon and $30 won't break the bank.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Again, how often does a hurricane blow thru your studio?

They are hand sewn, with contours to fit loosely but snugly atop a keyboard on a stand.

Do you mind my asking if you own a cat or several of them? (impervious to cat pee!)

Do you have toddlers scurrying around your studio space?

Do you live in an earthquake zone?

Otherwise in a normal home studio environment there is precious little reason to fasten down a keyboard or its dustcover.

Reaction score
Again, how often does a hurricane blow thru your studio?

They are hand sewn, with contours to fit loosely but snugly atop a keyboard on a stand.

Do you mind my asking if you own a cat or several of them? (impervious to cat pee!)

Do you have toddlers scurrying around your studio space?

Do you live in an earthquake zone?

Otherwise in a normal home studio environment there is precious little reason to fasten down a keyboard or its dustcover.
Space is tight, the fixing of the KB only cost six pounds
and for that I get security. Basically. Tight space, more risk of bumping into something.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've been resting my keyboards on x stands and z stands for 30 years and have never dropped one yet.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Simple embroideries are free of charge I think.

Logos from artwork my be extra.

An embroidered dragon logo would be cool.

On my oldest dustcovers they simply used a silkscreen process.

They only started with the computerized custom embroidery less than a decade ago.

Personally I usually opt for embroidery free to maintain consistency in my studio.

And I believe there are licensing issues when it comes to embroidering brand names.

Reaction score
Hello folks. I've just bought a Yamaha PSR-E463, with a stand. I need to secure it properly, does anyone know how. It's a sturdy stand. It has two holes on each side of the stand corresponding to the left and right of the keyboard. Currently there are four pads, one in each corner. You help would be appreciated.
I've found the best way to easily secure a keyboard to most any stand is to get foam pipe insulation and cut to fit your stand. The foam generally comes with an adhesive back that sticks decently and the foam itself keeps the keyboard from slipping and sliding. You can pick up the foam rather inexpensively from Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Improvisation

Attachments

• image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    112 KB · Views: 5

Ask a Question