How to make the sx900 Accompaniment in the rhythm section sound rich without starting the style playback?

Reaction score
When I play the chords in the Accompaniment section without starting the style playback in psr i455 or 500 or any of the earlier models, the sound of the chords is very rich and loud. However, in sx900, it doesn't become loud and rich unless i take all the sliders in the mixer panel to its top value. How to correct this so that they sound loud and rich at lower volumes too in the Accompaniment ON mode

Reaction score
Try adjusting the style volume even though you are not playing back styles. It seems that controls the volume of auto accompany section.

Reaction score
Try adjusting the style volume even though you are not playing back styles. It seems that controls the volume of auto accompany section.
That too doesn't work unless the sliders are fully taken up. If I take all the sliders up, then the style volume is so loud that the voice volume drowns in it

Reaction score
You should find somewhere in the Menu system that the inbuilt Styles have protection applied to them. Try turning off the protection, make the changes and then save.

If this is not possible then make the changes and save the Style to a User Bank (check the manual you may have to Copy and Paste the Style to a User Bank first).

Or

Use the Songbook feature by saving the customised Style there as a Song.

I am hoping this all works for you, I do not have a Yamaha SX but had a Korg Pa (vastly superior imho) and everything on that Arranger was quick and easy to do and to call up saved Registrations.

The SX tutorial videos may also help

Korg UK do a live and interactive Webinar every month and about twenty are now available to view, maybe Yamaha do something similar.

PS
Do backup your operating system and user data before making any changes and then again after you have saved new data to User Banks.

Reaction score
The style volume would be too high but it might be just right for the chords you play with auto accompany on. You just have to adjust the volume again before you start playing back the styles.

Reaction score
That too doesn't work unless the sliders are fully taken up. If I take all the sliders up, then the style volume is so loud that the voice volume drowns in it
Hi. I still have my psr s970. The volume is much higher on same headphones than my new sx900

Ask a Question