How to play every music piece on C scale

Reaction score
There is no need to be rude. If you don't feel like answering, just don't do It, and spare us your unseful comment
I would argue there is also no need to come to the party months later to inflame things. This thread died a long time ago so not sure what purpose your post serves. Dave has a right to his opinion and deserves a little better than an off handed retort from a blow-in.

Reaction score
Dani
The problem with your desire to play every song in the key of C is you will quickly loose your audience. You might as well play every song in 3/4 time as well. In the words of Elton John.. Don't Shoot Me I'm Just The Piano Player....yes but you are killing us..

Reaction score
Despite my --apparently not assiduous enough-- searches in recent years (and I've been thinking about keyboard formats for 60 years), it's only been since my last contribution here (11/20/2021) that I happened across the Dodeka web pages (see:

> https://www.kickstarter.com/project...nally-within-everyones-reach?ref=project_link

--which appear to be the most recently failed effort to come up with a rational keyboard approach.

* Of course, any instrument, but especially the traditional piano keyboard, requires years of familiarity (or miraculous talent) in order to play it "naturally", reflexively, intuitively.

--Craig

Reaction score
Are you talking about the acoustic piano or digital piano / keyboard? it is a fatal difference. On a digital piano, you can learn any C score and transpose the key with a click of your finger. Keys are abstract concepts (and quite recent in the history of western music). Learn to reason on the basis of the relationships between the notes. With an electronic keyboard you can also become a virtuoso by learning all the pieces in C and using the transpose button. Of course you need a rough idea of the other keys. However, you must resolve the question of modulation if a piece of music requires it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question