Juno ds plays drums when midi notes are triggered

Reaction score
Hello to the roland users.
I got that 88 ds , hooked to a beat step pro midi sequencer. When I trigger pad on my beat step pro it also triggers drums and piano tones together. I only want the notes to be played and not the drums. Anyone an idea how to deactivate that ?

I have tried different midi channels , tried lowering the drums volume. But none of those worked for me. It's annoying and kinda makes that workstation useless for me. Can anyone give some advice ?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Beatstep Pro should work with the Juno DS as long as you mute two of the three tracks and output on the same channel (ie. 1) as the Juno Instrument you wish to play.

Also check your MIDI settings on the Juno and use the Driver GENERIC.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Beatstep Pro should work with the Juno DS as long as you mute two of the three tracks and output on the same channel (ie. 1) as the Juno Instrument you wish to play.

Also check your MIDI settings on the Juno and use the Driver GENERIC.

Gary ;)

Thanks Gary , I will change the juno to generic through the settings I presume. It's a daw less setup

Last edited:

Ask a Question