Reaction score
HI ... I have 2 YAMAHA keyboards first is DGX660 and DGX650
I need to put the Bank that i set it from DGX660 TO DGX 650
CAN I DO THIS ?

THANKS Any WAY

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know of any existing software that can convert the Registrations from the DGX-660 to the DGX-650, or vice versa. I'm familiar with the format used to save Registrations on some of the PSR-E models, and I assume that the DGX models use a similar format, but each model usually has its own particular variation of the format as far as the specific data fields that are saved, how large any given field is (e.g., 1 byte or 2 bytes), and what the range of valid data values is for each field. If someone were familiar enough with the specific format used by two different models, then it should be possible to convert the Registrations saved on one model so they can be loaded and used on the other model, although there might be some data that has to be dropped (because there's no equivalent field on the second model), or that cannot be filled (because it exists on the second model but not on the first), or that has to be given a different value (because the given voice, effects type, etc., is not available on the second model).

Also, on the PSR-E models that I'm familiar with, you can't save the Registrations to a separate file by themselves; instead, they're saved within a Backup or User file that includes a good bit of other data as well. That means you'd need to extract the portion that contains just the Registrations from the first model's Backup or User file, convert it as best as possible to be compatible with the second model, and then insert it into the second model's Backup or User file. Note that there's a checksum field inside the Backup or User file, and if you modify even one byte of data in the Backup or User file then you will need to modify the value of that checksum field accordingly, otherwise when you try to load the Backup or User file the keyboard will see that this checksum value doesn't agree with the rest of the data in the file and you'll get an error message.

So, since there's no existing program for this, the simplest solution would be to recall each desired Registration on the first model, go through each parameter in the function menu and write down what its setting is for the given Registration, and then manually set up a corresponding Registration on the second model.

Reaction score
OK ... My Way Is edit The bank by Note from Dgx660 and Bank To Dgx 650

Thanks so much .....

1 question the Midi song from Yamaha We have To buy Only ?
No Free ?

with respect

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
No, you aren't limited to using only MIDI song files that were purchased from Yamaha. You can also use MIDI song files purchased from other sellers, or even free MIDI song files if you can find them.

However, you might find that you need to edit a given MIDI file with respect to the voices it uses, the types of MIDI events it contains, and especially any manufacturer-specific or model-specific messages it may contain.

For instance, if the file is programmed to adhere to the GM standard, you might want to add Bank Select messages and modify the Program Change messages as appropriate to replace the GM voices and standard drum kit with the best-sounding equivalent voices and drum kits that are available on your model of DGX. Or if the file is programmed to use voices from some other manufacturer's keyboards-- say, Roland or Korg or Casio-- then you'll need to edit the Bank Select and Program Change messages as appropriate to select the nearest equivalent voice on your DGX.

And if the file contains any System Exclusive or Sequencer-Specific messages for another manufacturer's models, you'll need to see if you can replace them with equivalent messages that the DGX can use.

But I think most free MIDI files are probably going to be GM-compatible, in which case they should work just fine on the DGX without needing any work.

Ask a Question