Yamaha DGX-650 DSP echo during audio save

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using my DGX-650 from time to time over the past couple years. I saved many songs I played into a flash disk without any problem before. However, yesterday when I tried to save my new song, it added a significant echo. I figured out that it is switching the DSP Type to 085 Tempo Echo by itself. When I revert it to its previous state, I can play the song fine in the keyboard, but when I try to save it as WAV to flash disk, it switches to Temp Echo and saves it with the annoying echo again.
Any idea what might be the cause? I also tried to save my older songs, and the keyboard also attempts to save them with the echo that I don't want. So I suspect it is not specific to that particular user song.

Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Maybe a glitch in the flash drive? Have you tried a different drive?

If not, perhaps try saving your settings to a fresh drive and performing a factory reset.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Today I noticed different user songs have different dsp types. You can change it temporarily but when you start over or try to audio save, they revert to their original dsp type. UserSong5 was set to 'Tempo Echo'. I simply recorded the whole thing again on UserSong2 and was able to transfer without problems. Still a little weird though, there must be a way to change the DSP type properly that I haven't been able to find :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Fred Coulter here on the forums owns a DGX-650.

My advice is to contact him or wait for him to respond if he has any insights.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question