How to send midi cc 122 to yamaha p45

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My son has a P45 piano and i am going to get him focusrite 2i2 so he can record audio but set up through a daw with midi over usb so as he plays the keyboard is triggered by the midi coming out of the mac book into the p45. So he needs to disable local control on the p45 which is not an option via the devices controls. From what i understand a value of 0 must be sent on midi cc122 but i can find no way to send this. I use ableton myself and can only send up to cc119. I understand cc120-127 are kept away from us probably for our own protection but i need to find a way! Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome.

Have you looked at the separate MIDI manual to see if that contains the info?

Yamaha, instead of one Manual typically have four or five.

Reaction score
hi this is all i can find. but its more the issue of a way to send cc122?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 18.41.46.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 18.41.46.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 19

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Ableton's UI might not let you send that CC (I haven't checked), but if your edition of Ableton lets you use third-party plug-ins then you might be able to send it through a plug-in. If not, then I would think you should be able to find some sort of MIDI app for the MacBook that lets you send that CC. I'm not as familiar with what's available for the Mac versus what's available for Windows, so I can't suggest anything myself.

Reaction score
You can use a MIDI utility like MIDIOX (free software for Windows) to send arbitrary MIDI commands including CC122

Ask a Question