I am buying Mic please help me to do the best right choice

Reaction score
First I am really grateful to this forum where I get critical appreciation over my music performances and get valuable advice.
Well.....I am planning to buy a mic for recording my vocals only, as I record my PSR E363 music sound from the USB host. I am not a very good singer but I do record some of my poetry and my vocals. So I saved pennies for this day to buy a mic for myself. I have watched tons of youtube reviews but confused. In my range I can afford these aforementioned mics please help me to select the best among the rest.

Behringer C-1U USB Studio Condenser​

BOYA BY-PM700 Multipattern USB​

Samson C01U Pro USB Studio Condenser (out of my range but will manage to buy if it's really worthful and making difference)

I can not afford Audio Interface...so only USB mics I can buy

Reaction score
Take a look at the mikes made by Shure and specifically the SM58 which retails at c£90 here in the UK.

It is only slightly mire expensive than the Boya model you quote which retails here at c£83.

The Behringer is c£30 so why not buy that on Amazon and give it a try,if it gives you the quality of audio you see then you have saved some cash.

BTW
The Shure SM85 is a quality product which with its XLR connection is future proof for you as your system grows. An adaptor socket and lead will connect it to the mike input of your computer.

3dc

Reaction score
If you can try to get something a bit more serious with audio interface.
I have Behringer TM1 Complete Vocal Recording which is excellent RODE NT1 clone and Behringer UMC204HD audio interface bundle for less then 180 EUR.

You can also get Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD for less then 66 EUR so with Behringer C1 large condenser mic it would be only 91EUR.

Its way better solution then any USB mic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Take a look at the mikes made by Shure and specifically the SM58 which retails at c£90 here in the UK.

It is only slightly mire expensive than the Boya model you quote which retails here at c£83.

The Behringer is c£30 so why not buy that on Amazon and give it a try,if it gives you the quality of audio you see then you have saved some cash.

BTW
The Shure SM85 is a quality product which with its XLR connection is future proof for you as your system grows. An adaptor socket and lead will connect it to the mike input of your computer.

The SM85 has XLR connectivity, so how can I connect it to PC?? if there is even any adopter... i don't think it will give enough power to mic.

USB mic is designed specially for PC.. isn't it?

Reaction score
Your PC or Laptop will have a microphone input socket.

You buy an XLR to 3.5 mm lead as per this
C5074FFB-8CBD-4D8A-B4B5-C6BB0BB58C99.jpeg

3dc

Reaction score
you didn't answer my main concern that even I buy this adopter but it will not provide enough power to make it work effectively. what you say? therefore amplifiers are designed for it

Dude you are about to make some serious mistakes. :rolleyes:

USB mics are powered trough USB while XLR mics are powered by dedicated +48V phantom power from audio interface.
You can't power XLR mic trough 3.5!!

If you must buy cheap USB mic then Behringer C-1U is good enough.

Reaction score
Dude you are about to make some serious mistakes. :rolleyes:

USB mics are powered trough USB while XLR mics are powered by dedicated +48V phantom power from audio interface.
You can't power XLR mic trough 3.5!!

If you must buy cheap USB mic then Behringer C-1U is good enough.
thank you very much for making it clear. Biggles was confusing it....3dc which is a good usb mic then I don't want to go for cheap one

3dc

Reaction score
If you have a very tight budget then nothing beats Behringer C-1U for 35 EUR. U stands for USB.
Another option is Marantz Pro Pod Pack 1 for 51 EUR - desk holder, usb cable included.

13120811_800.webp

If you can spend a little bit more then go for Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD audio interface for 66 EUR with Behringer C1 for 31 EUR. You will need a XLR patch cable to connect this mic to audio interface for 5 EUR. This bundle is only 102 EUR but you have everything you need for music production and recording at 24 Bits and 192 kHz.

Reaction score
well.... where I live these are considered as imported gadgets and items and due to custom and international tax the price dramatically increases.

Screenshot_20210331_172112.jpg

if you convert this to Euro it will cost me 90 euro. only the mic is 90 euro....now then adding the interface will cost no less then 140 euro. so totalling 90+140= 230euro. It's a lot really can't bear such budget.

it's not very surprising though.... in Asia we have very less rates on grocery items and fossil fuels and clothing as compared to other states.

So coming back to point... I suggested 3 USB mic, other 2 are more expensive then Beringer C1U. What you think are they worth buying then C1U?

3dc

Reaction score
So coming back to point... I suggested 3 USB mic, other 2 are more expensive then Beringer C1U. What you think are they worth buying then C1U?

Well I can't speak for you but I always go for the cheapest gear that is still good enough for music production. I have two products from Behringer and I am pleasantly surprised with build quality and features.
That said I would rule out Samson as its the same thing as Behringer C1U. I would go with Boya only as last option.

But that's me. In the end you have to decide. :)

Reaction score
Well I can't speak for you but I always go for the cheapest gear that is still good enough for music production. I have two products from Behringer and I am pleasantly surprised with build quality and features.
That said I would rule out Samson as its the same thing as Behringer C1U. I would go with Boya only as last option.

But that's me. In the end you have to decide. :)
Sorry, I didn't reply I was busy in contact with one of my friend, actually I figured out a way......I speak with one of my friend in London and he is about to come here, he assured me that can get this product for me though he don't know much about it-techs but will just buy new one. So now @3dc I am looking forward to buy UMC 202HD the one which you suggested....I also checked few reviews on the internet and some user complains that it has constant noise behind. As you are using this product you can probably tell better and for a mic I am spending a bit more bulks and buying Samson C01 Large Cardioid Condenser Mic or Beringer C-3 Dual diaphragm mic is even cheaper then that. (i don't know what dual-diaphragm makes difference??)

But if UMC 202HD really has such problem then instead of spending bulks in mic. I will go for a better audio interface suggest me one and will then buy a Beringer C01 mic. Your valuable advice is very much needed so I can make the right decision. please reply soon..... :)

edited: and one more thing um2 is a lot cheaper......why not I but that one

Last edited:

3dc

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't reply I was busy in contact with one of my friend, actually I figured out a way......I speak with one of my friend in London and he is about to come here, he assured me that can get this product for me though he don't know much about it-techs but will just buy new one. So now @3dc I am looking forward to buy UMC 202HD the one which you suggested....I also checked few reviews on the internet and some user complains that it has constant noise behind. As you are using this product you can probably tell better and for a mic I am spending a bit more bulks and buying Samson C01 Large Cardioid Condenser Mic or Beringer C-3 Dual diaphragm mic is even cheaper then that. (i don't know what dual-diaphragm makes difference??)

But if UMC 202HD really has such problem then instead of spending bulks in mic. I will go for a better audio interface suggest me one and will then buy a Beringer C01 mic. Your valuable advice is very much needed so I can make the right decision. please reply soon..... :)

edited: and one more thing um2 is a lot cheaper......why not I but that one

Behringer UM2 does not have MIDAS preamps and balanced outputs!! I told you to buy cheap but not that cheap. ;)

You need audio interface with good MIC/LINE preamp so if buying Behringer you should go from Behringer UMC202HD with proper TRS cables. Any noise coming from these audio interfaces is usually due to poor RCA cables.

Behringer C-3 is multipurpose MIC with selectable omnidirectional, cardioid and figure eight option. On top of that it comes with low pass filter, internal shock mount and gold plated pins. Its an excellent entry level MIC for music production.

Reaction score
I don't think there is any need of RCA cable. TRS cable for mic and USB for PC input is enough for recording. I will go with UM202HD and C1 Mic.....i think you are absolutely right why to spend more when your production can be done with entry level gadgets

Reaction score
Shure SM58 Beta.... Get the ranboo clothing version, excellent.
Exactly Dave you are right.
However, If you’re serious about making music, as in having it as a primary hobby, I’d recommend getting a condenser microphone along with a 48v phantom power audio interface to power it up. The Rode NT1-A at $200 ish is the best condenser microphone you can get for a start up home studio.

Ask a Question