I need Help To Fix These Faults In Motif XF8

Reaction score
I need help to fix a Yamaha Motif XF 8.
-It changes voices on its own when playing it.

-it is constantly on +2 transpose whenever it is turned on, so you have to lunch into Utility menu and move the consor to highlight Transpose function and set it to zero. Surprisingly, 2 weeks back, the consor can't highlight function in the Utility menu anymore. It is just on one spot if you try moving to any function it moves back to where it was before.

It actually looks like a software challenge but I am not certain about this. Kindly recommend any Yamaha certified service personnel, direct Yamaha service centre or if you have knowledge on this I need your authentic help pls

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sounds like the pitch bend wheel/stick/whatever is drifting.

Quick fix # 1 >>> Disable the controller in your board's configuration options

Quick Fix # 2 >>> Squirt a little contact cleaner into the pitch controller's potentiometer and work it like mad for a minute or two.

Final Fix >>> Replace the pitchbend assembly with a new factory part or simply replace the potentiometer alone if you know what you are doing and it sounds to me like you don't.

If it's still under warranty it's Yamaha's problem.

Otherwise it's yours.

ANY certified keyboard tech can handle a warranty repair and if out of warranty it shouldn't cost more than two or three hundred by any skilled music shop keyboard repair guy. Cut out the middleman and scan the local Craigslist for the cheapest price.

Unfortunately, the more expensive the board, even the minor repairs can get expensive as well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hey Gary !!!! thanks so for this reply . Will definitely check out what you have written.
Big ♥️

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Also check your manual if there's a calibration procedure for your pitch bend.

Some boards include that capability.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question