Need help for my M-Audio Hammer 88

Reaction score
Hi !

I'm new here, this is my first post. I want to thank in advance all the « humans » that will read this message, trying to kindly help.

My « M-Audio Hammer 88 Preset Editor » is not compatible with Big Sur, to which I upgraded some time ago.

I think I might have two zones active, some kind of a layer, because everything that I record in Logic X is recorded twice. When I erase a note, the same note is there, hidden under the first one.

I would like to put my Hammer 88 in a normal mode, I mean with no layers, no transposition, nothing special, just a simple controller with velocity up to 127 and with only zone 1 active.

My Preset Editor is a blank window when I open it, but I think that I can send a Preset.

If someone could send me a « stock » preset, with nothing special in it, I would really appreciate.

I cannot find an upgrade for my Editor, which is version 1.0.8 by the way.

Thanks again !

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Cannot help with the file but I just wanted to thank you for having an enter key :)

As for your Stock Preset File try googling for that particular EXTension name and see what comes up?

Also, what happens if you use the Editor to save a blank preset? It may generate a default preset file if the program was properly written.

Also, browse the system directories where the program installed itself. There may be a DEMO or EXAMPLES subdirectory which holds a bunch of examples.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, the first thing you should have done was Email M-Audio and tell them that that their software is broken.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary,

I will write to M-Audio, but their are known for not answering quickly...

The empty preset did not solve my problem.

On my computer, I just can find the manual and the app, nothing else. I looked for the extension of the presets, but I have none. I don't really work with these, I just use the keyboard to play and communicate with Logic, nothing more complex than that.

Thanks for your help.

I will leave the thread open, because I'm hoping for a preset file !

Reaction score
OK, I found my problem. It was a routing problem, nothing wrong with the keyboard.

I want to close the case, as it is requested, but I don't know how !

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's OK. We don't delete threads here once they're resolved anyway. Don't be surprised if a year or two from now you get a reply to this thread in your email requesting how exactly you fixed it.

As for the Ticket with M-Audio?

If they ever get back to you on the issue you can list it as resolved.

Specifically though, does the Editor Software actually work for you now or is it still broken by an update?

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So you found a hardware workaround for your problem then.

In that case keep the ticket open with M-Audio about the faulty software.

Glad to hear that you solved it for yourself anyway.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question