I really need to find how to achieve this sound! :/

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm getting crazy tryint to achieve a specific type of reggae sound.
Here:

Welcome To Jam Rock
(on this video, it's the sound right after the drum beak, when Damian screams Jamaica, Jamaica. This sound keeps playing like a delay on the 0:37 minute. Then you will hear it throughout the song).

My Makeda

It's not the piano sound, but the sound how plays right before and right after the piano, it sounds like an organ, but a real strong low and high sound. People call it "bubbling".

I have a lot of plugins, including the KORG M1 Legacy. Some people say that's a good plugin for reggae, but I just can't find that sound and I'm getting crazy.

It's not Hammond either, eventhough it sounds similar to it.

On the first video you can se they're using Triton, both keyboard players.

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!!:(

Thank you all!

Reaction score
it sounds like an organ but with an effect on it, like auto-wah or something. when he hits the notes really short it does have a popping or bubbling kind of sound like the tone modulation (whatever effect it is) starts the sounds with mostly lows then brings in the highs after a short delay. So when you play really short notes the tone is dominated by the ramping sound of the highs coming in, but if you play a long note it sounds like a mostly normal note.

try an auto-wah or some other filter effect on a few different organ and play those short staccato notes to see if you get that tone.

Reaction score
it sounds like an organ but with an effect on it, like auto-wah or something. when he hits the notes really short it does have a popping or bubbling kind of sound like the tone modulation (whatever effect it is) starts the sounds with mostly lows then brings in the highs after a short delay. So when you play really short notes the tone is dominated by the ramping sound of the highs coming in, but if you play a long note it sounds like a mostly normal note.

try an auto-wah or some other filter effect on a few different organ and play those short staccato notes to see if you get that tone.

Thank you for your reply. I will try that for sure! ;)
A lot of artists who play reggae use KORG and I believe this is a sound that comes with the keyboard, but if I can achieve that with the tips you gave me, why not trying?! :p

Cheers!

Ask a Question