I received one of these from Amazon today...

Reaction score
Hope you had a great day Paul.
Belated birthday wishes @CowboyNQ! Hope you had a great day :D
Thanks Col and Becky, much appreciated.

Had a lovely day which included 2.5 hours of much needed gardening before the horde descends upon our house on Christmas Day, after which they will stick around to clean up any leftover food and most of my beer while watching the Boxing Day cricket test.

Then we went out to a nice relaxed dinner with my wife, kids, sister-in-law and brother-in-law. A very nice day all around.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Since wife and I are having b'days in 2 weeks time, I managed to secure a couple of concert tickets at The Palms Crown in Melbourne. It's the Las Vegas Legends in concert.
11 Jan . . Looking forward to that.
Ray

Reaction score
I treated myself to a melodica a few months ago, what a bargain! Think I paid around £12 complete with carry case! My other half says I should I use it with the short mouthpiece instead of the hose because "it looks stupid". Have you ever heard such nonsense?
I keep planning on learning a load of easy melodies to add to my repertoire, but never get round to it. The Jurassic Park theme is my current favourite!

Reaction score

My melodica made its live debut on the weekend. An excuse for us poor keys players to hit the front of the stage.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Kudos for using a 3-octave melodica! But if you just want to strut around the front of the stage, you know they make keytars for that, right? :D

PS — Dang, I hate the stupid spelling “corrector” on iPads! It keeps changing what I type to something wrong, like changing “melodica” to “melodically,” so I have to keep changing it back.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
My melodica made its live debut on the weekend.
In the photo i can see a wall on the left side. I am guessing your melodica debut was related to the Floyd tribute.
So is this a new regular feature to the "echos of floyd" show?
Something to look forward to eh!

Btw. I heard an ad on the radio this week promoting your upcoming shows at Melbourne and Frankston.
I got excited when I heard it.

Also I have a printed leaflet listing all of your upcomimg shows planned around Australia. . . Man you are one busy dude.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers Ray.

Reaction score
I am guessing your melodica debut was related to the Floyd tribute.
So is this a new regular feature to the "echos of floyd" show?
Yes Ray our new show celebrates and pays tribute to the 40th Anniversary of the release of "The Wall" album. We play the entire album from start to finish.

Looking forward to meeting you.
I'm looking forward to it too - very excited to meet a Forum buddy and flattered that you can make it to our show.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My melodica made its live debut on the weekend. An excuse for us poor keys players to hit the front of the stage.

Yer stylin it Paul!! Woohoo! :cool:

Jean Batiste, the keyboard player on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert plays one all the time.

jon-batiste.jpg

Don't let the haters tell ya it's not "cool." :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Very cool @CowboyNQ ! Do you find it easier playing it with short mouthpiece? I find it a bit awkward, but I'm not sure if that's just because I haven't been playing for all that long.
Jon Batiste is really good, as is Benny the Jukebox (formerly of Axis of Awesome) who has several videos on YouTube playing things like 80s and 90s medleys, and computer game themes.

Ask a Question