I wish I had an interest in playing music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulk

And you summed up perfectly what is wrong with the boomer generation.

I see it with the Grandkids, if they are not online or playing games they are not happy.

It really is sad to see a group of young people out and about, each with a mobile glued to their hands and each texting away, all while the joy of life passes them by in a virtual world that only serves the purpose of gathering information about them and then that information being sold to or used by companies to extract as much cash from them directly and indirectly.

The world is going to hell in a handcart.
Actually I’m generation X. I’m 50 years old. I’m not glued to my phone all the time, just at home. I’m not playing games, mostly videos on YouTube, instagram, or reading news headlines. Sometimes, i scan eBay for antique phonographs and 78, cylinder or Diamond Disc records. On occasion, i will glance through Reverb.com. Sometimes, ill go to the Talking Machine Forum, or the Music Player Forum, or GearSpace, Gear News, Synth Antatomy, Synthtopia.com, or Music Radar.

I don’t make sense at all, but this is who i am.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So you wander all these forums proclaiming to all that you have no talent and no interest in acquiring any, and what sort of reaction do you expect.

Do you walk in on a crowded movie forum and declare fire.com?

I realize you are bored with your life but this thread is the most pointless troll I've seen in these forums in years.

I'm going to suggest management lock this waste of electrons already.

P

Paulk

So you wander all these forums proclaiming to all that you have no talent and no interest in acquiring any, and what sort of reaction do you expect.

Do you walk in on a crowded movie forum and declare fire.com?

I realize you are bored with your life but this thread is the most pointless troll I've seen in these forums in years.

I'm going to suggest management lock this waste of electrons already.
Fine! I will politely piss off!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The question of how to maintain one's interest in something is a valid one, and I imagine a lot of musicians went through periods when they doubted themselves, struggled with burnout, etc. But that said, this thread has run its course, so I'll go ahead and lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question